No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran ATG? Give me a break..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
    Point is i can't believe anyone who is suppose to be a fan of the sport would even have to ask this question.............how can Duran NOT be an ATG?
    Because he's an unskilled brawler that's not much better than Baldomir. He's fat too.

Comment

Point is i can't believe anyone who is suppose to be a fan of the sport would even have to ask this question.............how can Duran NOT be an ATG?
      Huge fan of boxing and have been.

As I said I don't enjoy sluggers. Simple, I don't think he was that great of a boxer regardless of what weight he moved to, and I think that boxers of that era get too much credit based on Nostalgia.

I think Mayweather - Pacquiao - Roy Jones JR - Hopkins - Mosley - ODLH

all in their primes would have given any ATG a close fight.

Hate this attitude that DURAN WOULD DESTROY MAYWEATHER. If you really have boxed and understand boxing, no, no he wouldnt.

Comment

We'll never know because the thread got deleted.

Comment

put this in the history section

Comment

If I said a prime mike tyson would destroy a prime Muhammad Ali

I suppose I'd be an idiot aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post

Yes. Very big idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Because he's an unskilled brawler that's not much better than Baldomir. He's fat too.
                well there you have it

As I said I don't enjoy sluggers. Simple, I don't think he was that great of a boxer regardless of what weight he moved to, and I think that boxers of that era get too much credit based on Nostalgia.

Hate this attitude that DURAN WOULD DESTROY MAYWEATHER. If you really have boxed and understand boxing, no, no he wouldnt.
                i wouldnt call Duran a str8 up slugger,he didnt run in head first he slipped punches and countered as well as banged..plus he fought everyone over a 30 plus year career

Comment

Duran wasnt even close to a...'slugger'. He was primarily a counter puncher, who was a master at infighting and defense as well.

Heres a list of his accomplishments
                  http://aaboxing.blogspot.com/2011/05...rto-duran.html

Just give it a try and watch Duran vs Barkley. You cant 'outslug' someone thats way bigger and stronger than you. And considering Barkley had success all the way up to Heavyweight, Id consider him a pretty damn large middleweight.

By the way, the guy wasnt just 1 era. His last significant win came in 1997, while Hopkins was fighting at middleweight.
                  Last edited by Steak; 05-12-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Yes. Very big idiot.
                    Rofl, I forgot, all boxers from from that era are automatically awarded with a 6 round headstart.

Comment

Yes you would, and it would be proof you can't fix stupid.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X