Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it ruined the night at all. What people refuse to understand sometimes is that even the best fighters on the planet run into someome that isn't in the mood to be stopped & is willing to make 12 rounds of hell. That little dude was smaller, weaker & slower, he'd never lost he was fighting a superior fighter & decided since he wouldn't win, he was going to last the fight & he did, I applaude the little guy for that. That's no knock on Donaire, great fighters win & that's what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
      Narvaez is a 5'3 bantamweight king
      5'3" Flyweight/Super-Flyweight King.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Kong View Post
        5'3" Flyweight/Super-Flyweight King.
        Sorry. Thank you for correcting me.

I still think it's time for Donaire to move up though. If he's supposed to be the "next action hero" after Pacquiao then he better step up the pace and competition. Narvaez is a fantastic fighter but he doesn't belong in a ring with a fighter who walks around comfortably at 140lbs.

Comment

• Anyone else get the feelin Donaire is over-rated?

I mean i didnt see anything special about him yesterday, just the same old athleticness ala Berto. I dont think he would beat Juanma and sure as hell should be kept away from Gamboa IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
            I mean i didnt see anything special about him yesterday, just the same old athleticness ala Berto. I dont think he would beat Juanma and sure as hell should be kept away from Gamboa IMO.
            i get the feeling this is a joke... like a mockery of the "anyone else get the feeling Linares is over rated" thread from yesterday

Comment

• Also constantly being matched with smaller opponents is not going to do him any good, what do you think is going to happen to him when he finally meets someone who is his size? he was easily around 130-135 lbs in there last night against a midget who is a career 112 lber.

Comment

• i was actually laughing when i saw the difference in size, im being serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
                  Also constantly being matched with smaller opponents is not going to do him any good, what do you think is going to happen to him when he finally meets someone who is his size? he was easily around 130-135 lbs in there last night against a midget who is a career 112 lber.
                  well, didnt narvaez (sp) move up in weight and actually wanted the fight as the challenger? taking on a 16 title defense challenger who wants the fight isnt necessarily being "matched" IMO. at least not in a sheltered manner.

he beats JuanMa easy IMO

not so much with Gamboa

Comment

• Yeah he is overrated.
                    He scored 120-108 on one judge.
                    120-108 on the other.
                    120-108 on the last.
                    A total shut-out.
                    won all rounds.
                    A unanimous decision.

That is how overrated Nonito Donaire is dumbass.

Comment

• I mean he was unable to go to the body to open up Navarez's defence up top. thats basically boxing 101 and yet he was unable to do that with all his supposed speed, power and other atributes?

Comment

Working...
                      X