Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hopkins Lonely?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im pretty sure he is marries and has like 3 daughters maybe I got it wrong but dude aint that type of dude who wants his family on blast so we dont get no info on them and as it should be, we dont need to know ish about his family.

he doing okay man.

and so what he moved for lower taxes, at the money he makes it makes a difference.

Comment

If Hopkins is that well off then he definitely should retire. He can still potentially pocket a few hundred k from fighting next year but the network money is going to start drying up, and every fight carries more and more of a health risk from now on.

He can go out now with his head held high having lost to a world class opponent. The danger is hanging around for those pay cheques and getting blitzed by someone like Murat.

Comment

Offer Stevenson one more chance and if he doesn't jump all over it (which is unlikely since it's Stevenson), retire. Nothing else for him to do.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Keep something in mind OP, most people who have things will declare a personal residence. If that residence is substantial....Well I will use myself as an example, I have a place that I declare as a residence in San Francisco. If I sold that place tomorrow at around 2 million dollars when it was reassesed for property taxes that person would be paying around 2k a month in property taxes....In Jersey? or Maryland? that person? it would cost them more than twice as much....around 4k a month.

Lets imagine Hopkins place is worth more than mine....Prolly so!! Delaware has low property taxes and even Hopkins probably does not want to pay around 8k a month in property taxes....People do the same thing on the West coast. If you want a mansion? you go to Nevada and pay very little in taxes.

Also, keep in mind that inheritance taxes which are a patent rip off in Maryland are substantial! Delaware is starting to look pretty good about now you think?

Just because one declares their residence in a state does not mean they must live there. Hopkins can own property and live in Philly, me? I have a place in Baltimore. Hopkins probably has an apartment in Philly.

Its not happanstanz that the great Warren Buffet has as his residence, the place he grew up, a modest home in a working class neighborhood in Omaha Nebraska.

Make sense now?
          I get ya

Here's the interview if you're interested
          http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...iness-1278.php

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
            He is married and has three daughters. I read that Hopkins is a practicing muslim and rejects alcohol, gambling and the night life. Thats probably the reason why he is so well off.
            Saw ESPN 30 for 30 Broke

Athletes spend a lot on all sorts of ****, like jewellery and cars (multiples), these are just low level NFL guys

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoHooker View Post
              I was reading an interview where Hopkins discusses his financial situation

He's apparently quite well off, he lives off interest and rental income from properties he owns

But one thing got me, he said he moved to Delaware for the lower tax rates - Doesn't seem like the action of a man with a large social circle

And then I thought Hopkins doesn't have a wife or kids either and he's near 50

Possibly why he's so good with money, he's not surrounded by leaches and why he's still in boxing at 49, he's got nothing else going on in his life

I feel for the guy
              nah hes been married to the same woman for like 20 years or something. And the move to delaware seems like some type of compromise between location and tax rates... because there are plenty of states with No taxes and alaska even gives you back money because they have oil money. Although 3k a year would be inconsequential to a multimillionaire.

He is pretty smart outside of the ring, not getting multiple chicks pregnant, not getting involved with drugs, saving up all of his money, working with GBP and not getting ripped off by the likes of arum and don king. It makes me pretty certain that some of the stupid racial **** he says to hype fights is just that, to hype fights.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Keep something in mind OP, most people who have things will declare a personal residence. If that residence is substantial....Well I will use myself as an example, I have a place that I declare as a residence in San Francisco. If I sold that place tomorrow at around 2 million dollars when it was reassesed for property taxes that person would be paying around 2k a month in property taxes....In Jersey? or Maryland? that person? it would cost them more than twice as much....around 4k a month.

Lets imagine Hopkins place is worth more than mine....Prolly so!! Delaware has low property taxes and even Hopkins probably does not want to pay around 8k a month in property taxes....People do the same thing on the West coast. If you want a mansion? you go to Nevada and pay very little in taxes.

Also, keep in mind that inheritance taxes which are a patent rip off in Maryland are substantial! Delaware is starting to look pretty good about now you think?

Just because one declares their residence in a state does not mean they must live there. Hopkins can own property and live in Philly, me? I have a place in Baltimore. Hopkins probably has an apartment in Philly.

Its not happanstanz that the great Warren Buffet has as his residence, the place he grew up, a modest home in a working class neighborhood in Omaha Nebraska.

Make sense now?

oh ok, property taxes makes more sense. I wasnt thinking of that, just income taxes. im sure insurance rates too would matter, places like california and florida being higher with earthquakes and hurricanes. delaware has nothing like that

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  It makes me pretty certain that some of the stupid racial **** he says to hype fights is just that, to hype fights.
                  He literally says that's the case in the Kovalev post-fight

Gave respect to Jackson too

Comment

Really bizarre thread. Hopkins keeps his private life private. He has been married to the same woman for over twenty years and has children.

He's always been extremely frugal with his money, he's not the type to blow it and stupid stuff and apparently he's made quite a few smart investments that he earns money from. Financially he's very secure. Him moving to a state with lower taxes fits his personality perfectly since he hates authority messing with his money (thus his millions of court cases suing people for money).

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      If Hopkins is that well off then he definitely should retire. He can still potentially pocket a few hundred k from fighting next year but the network money is going to start drying up, and every fight carries more and more of a health risk from now on.

He can go out now with his head held high having lost to a world class opponent. The danger is hanging around for those pay cheques and getting blitzed by someone like Murat.
                      I think it's obvious Hopkins has been motivated by legacy more so than money, at least the past few years. I mean it's not like he earned a ton of cash last night, only a million plus some change. He could have got 600-700k or so fighting lessor opponents like his mandatory Muhammadi, but instead he tried to unify all the belts, try to do something truly amazing at his age.

Comment

Working...
                      X