Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella on Sergio vs Golovkin: 'A fight that economically makes no sense'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio would be fighting Rios if it was up to him! Their getting ready to fight Junior who they just beat 11 out of 12 rouns!!! What does that tell you?
    I have no problem with pcking up the pennies especially at the end of a career but its time for HIM to actually fight someone. If any Sergio fans think Junior is someone why did they say that Sergio was going to defeat him so easily? Either fight someone with "letters" or the number one contender, isn't that what supposed champs do? Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Murray is a showcase fight, I sorry that I have to educate you on that not trying to play "Dumb", I only educate dumb boxing fans and didn't really consider you one before this post, He has made himself relevant by going to Germany and practically beating sturm and he is British which makes him an attractive options when selling a fight in Argentina especially against a Briton (For the uneducated ones Argentina hates Britain because of the Falklands war), GGG has probably just had two fights and Martinez is already ducking him? You really lack boxing knowledge, People like you have to continue using your hype because it would make the fight bigger I guess, but the notion that GGG is this beast that is been avoided is nothing short of fanboyism and a joke, GGG has class and knew he has to work his way up to finally get his chance at the top names, the same definitely can't be said for all these bandwagon jumpers like yourself who class any class or knowledge.
      How did he practically beat Sturm? Why has this myth risen from thin air?

I understand the guys who aren't from the UK just seeing the Draw and presuming it was a robbery.

But why are people from the UK who watched the fight saying it. You watched the fight didn't you? Do you actually think Murray should have won?

Because pretty much every single piece of Media outside of people connected to Hatton promotions thought Sturm won and won quite clearly. And that includes the majority of ringside scorer's.

In reality, Murray was very very lucky to get that draw. He may have shocked everyone in not getting totally dominated. But, he did not win that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        How did he practically beat Sturm? Why has this myth risen from thin air?

I understand the guys who aren't from the UK just seeing the Draw and presuming it was a robbery.

But why are people from the UK who watched the fight saying it. You watched the fight didn't you? Do you actually think Murray should have won?

Because pretty much every single piece of Media outside of people connected to Hatton promotions thought Sturm won and won quite clearly. And that includes the majority of ringside scorer's.
        In reality, Murray was very very lucky to get that draw. He may have shocked everyone in not getting totally dominated. But, he did not win that fight.
        yea I thought he won.

Comment

yea I thought he won.
          He clearly didn't though.

What rounds did you give Murray?

I can't see any logical way you could have given him more than a maximum of 5 rounds, maximum.

Comment

He clearly didn't though.

What rounds did you give Murray?

I can't see any logical way you could have given him more than a maximum of 5 rounds, maximum.
            You don't really expect me to remember the rounds that I scored for Murray do you? I watch it live and scored it for Murray but knew he might not get the decision, When I said he practical beat Strum I was referring to the "Draw" scorecard, I didn't mean he "practical beat up" strum so yea big difference.

Comment

You don't really expect me to remember the rounds that I scored for Murray do you? I watch it live and scored it for Murray but knew he might not get the decision, When I said he practical beat Strum I was referring to the "Draw" scorecard, I didn't mean he "practical beat up" strum so yea big difference.
              I think you should try re-scoring. Because there is simply no way Murray won the fight.

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Macklin? Who did infact almost beat Sturm? In which most felt he won (I thought it was close that could have gone either way but the vast majority felt it was a robbery).

I know what you meant when you said "Practically beat Sturm". I know you didn't mean "Beat up" It's plain to see he didn't "Beat him up".

He didn't "beat him" either.

Comment

• i think the risk/reward for sergio doesn't make much business sense. i can't really hate on him much because he's in the twilight of his career and deserves to milk his fame as much as he can before he retires. that said, i still want him to face ggg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Listen ****, I already said maybe Sergio would destroy Golovkin but the point is giving him a shot. If you noticed I've been talking specifically about DiBella's hypocrisy. I'm sure Sergio would fight anyone.

Kill that nonsense about Murray being a showcase fight. He's zero risk which is why Sergio is fighting him, period. They are chasing a pipe dream of fighting Floyd which will never happen, thus these no risk fights.

I have no idea why you would oppose a unification bout against two of the best middleweights. Its actually fans like you that support this BS that gives boxing a bad name. The best are supposed to fight the best and that's what fans should want. Not making excuses for showcase fights.
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I think you should try re-scoring. Because there is simply no way Murray won the fight.

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with Macklin? Who did infact almost beat Sturm? In which most felt he won (I thought it was close that could have gone either way but the vast majority felt it was a robbery).

I know what you meant when you said "Practically beat Sturm". I know you didn't mean "Beat up" It's plain to see he didn't "Beat him up".

He didn't "beat him" either.
                    Yea a lot of people are clearly confusing the 2. Macklin had a legit draw with Sturm and a win in his favor would have been fine, where Murray getting a draw was in fact a gift on his part.

Comment

• Yep, I thought Macklin beat Sturm. It was shocking with the Murray draw not only because Sturm should have won but because it was ruled a draw in Germany. That's why no one cared cause usually the bad decisions went the other way up to that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X