No announcement yet.

Jump Rope Tricks & Weird Pushups??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
    First off love what your doing with I love boxing! kudos and great great discussions about the technique of boxing.

Second off my coach has us do a few things planks going from a push up position to our elbows. so he'll call out hands then we go to push up then he'll call out elbows and we'll drop down. from there (being on our elbows) we do reach outs we do reach outs. you can vary them up.

Another one we do is from standing we bend over and then walk out hands out to a pushup position do a pushup then walk our legs in and stand up then walks our hands out do a pushup etc etc from one seice of the room to the other ( 20ish feet give or take) there and back twice.

Another one I do is pushups on those medicine balls put your legs are on a big yoga ball so you pretty much maxing out on shoulders and core. You do one pushup then after that you bring your legs in, knees towards chest the yoga ball will allow this because it rolls then you roll it out and do another pushup. This one is tough also.

Also you can plank from elbows to hands on a yoga ball that one is good for building stability and using the stabilizing muscles fo balance. doing this one last is a killer lol cause everything is tired and all you feel is burn lol i hates it.

And lastly, they say the potential panacea of workouts is doing burpees, I start out with 20 then take a 1 min break, and do 10 ,break, do ten ,break, do 10 til i reach 100. That's a killer for me. i try to focus on technique and form so that i'm light on my feet when I land. This builds allot it's a total body work out and builds explosive Cardio. Good on your sis bro! Keep it up!
    The ones where you walk your hands out are called inchworms.

I like explosive pushups with a toe touch.

Also, do a pushup and slide one arm all the way out so your are tripoded.

Finally spiders when you do a pushup and bring one of your legs over the top of your body and try and touch the floor on the opposite side of your body. Ill try and video that.

Comment

Keep doing you Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        The ones where you walk your hands out are called inchworms.

I like explosive pushups with a toe touch.

Also, do a pushup and slide one arm all the way out so your are tripoded.

Finally spiders when you do a pushup and bring one of your legs over the top of your body and try and touch the floor on the opposite side of your body. Ill try and video that.
        Sounds like scorpion push up.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
          to Barry: vanity......
          I have never seen anything remotely close to the ego this guy shows on here. Everything is about a video, video, video....

"First step in learning is humility"

Let me post a video, then get pissy when people give an opinion. Good lord...

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
            Sounds like scorpion push up.
            that's it, scorpion. knew that, brain fart.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson
              Hey!! How was the fights? So I was just booked to do a 2 week seminar in Hong Kong January 16-30th and I wanted to ask you for tips. I know gyms, coaches, and fighters book you for seminars outside of Mexico all the time. Do you have any advice for me?
              How could I possibly have advice for you? You are a world traveller and I'm just a local trainer.

What the hell do Mexicans know about boxing anyway?

So you never answered my question, what was your pro record and how many fighters have you trained to be champs?

I'm very interested coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                Keep doing you Barry
                Appreciate it family

Comment

Good jump rope ideas here:

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    I have never seen anything remotely close to the ego this guy shows on here. Everything is about a video, video, video....

"First step in learning is humility"

Let me post a video, then get pissy when people give an opinion. Good lord...
                    Hola Cuauhtémoc, que onda hermano? i agree with what you are saying Cuauhtémoc and Barry you are the reason i do not post here anymore (and i am sure several members will thank you for that) because everytime i check out this section its some spam self-promotion vid from you, and you never answer questions, all it is is some flashy mitt routine or some silly advice like "the uppercut is a dangerous punch it not used correctly" well every punch is a dangerous punch if not used correctly thats common sense, and how about trying to train the mental and emotional side of the fighter? the mind drives the body and if that is not trained first and for most nothing else will work (see Audley Harrison) and the only reason i am posting this is for your poorly veiled attempt to discredit one of my threads (counter-punch) and if you like we can compare our personal fighting and training resumes. I posted to help people find themselves not to make my reflection look better to myself. Cuidate

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
                      Hola Cuauhtémoc, que onda hermano? i agree with what you are saying Cuauhtémoc and Barry you are the reason i do not post here anymore (and i am sure several members will thank you for that) because everytime i check out this section its some spam self-promotion vid from you, and you never answer questions, all it is is some flashy mitt routine or some silly advice like "the uppercut is a dangerous punch it not used correctly" well every punch is a dangerous punch if not used correctly thats common sense, and how about trying to train the mental and emotional side of the fighter? the mind drives the body and if that is not trained first and for most nothing else will work (see Audley Harrison) and the only reason i am posting this is for your poorly veiled attempt to discredit one of my threads (counter-punch) and if you like we can compare our personal fighting and training resumes. I posted to help people find themselves not to make my reflection look better to myself. Cuidate
                      Couldn't have said it better myself compa. We all can learn things, one thing I always keep in mind is that I can always learn from anyone but self promotion and wanting to be "recognized" is not the reason you should be a boxing coach.

I am a trainer and have been for over 10 years because I like to teach. If people give me recognition, then that's icing on the cake but if they don't, it's not about me anyways.

My fighting days are done, my chance to shine is long and gone. Now it's time for me to become a teacher and a figure these kids can look up to.

Comment

Working...
                      X