No announcement yet.

Carl froch resume can't match joe calzaghe's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Froch needs to fight Peter Manfredo before he can compare himself to the mighty Calzaghe.
    meanwhile 31 year old Carl Froch was fighting the great Albert Rybacki

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
      Calzaghe has only fought one world class fighter at their peak, being Kessler. Roy was washed up and B-Hop is old to. Why hasn't Calzaghe beat any world class fighters at their peak?
      ok then.. so what world class fighters did Carl Froch beat in their peak?

Comment

I like both fighters. I believe Calzaghe's resume is underrated, as the opening poster mentions he fought a lot of current and former world champions, and unified 2 divisions, he doesn't really get the credit the deserves. The Eubank win inparticular is underrated, Eubank was slightly past his prime but no way was he shot, after the Calzaghe fight he came very very close to winning the cruiserweight belt against Thompson in 2 classic fights. Thompson was a 3 time world champ and a very underrated fighter.

The problem with Calzaghe is for every Kessler there's a 2 or 3 Manfredo Jrs. Calzaghe's resume is good, but its padded, and could've been better. He could of gone to Germany to fight Ottke, I know Ottke received a few gifts in Germany but Calzaghe would've beaten him comprehensivly IMO. He could've also fought Johnson in the early 2000s and unified the division sooner. To be fair to Calzaghe there weren't many 168lbers at the time that he ducked or didn't fight.

Froch's resume isn't as good yet but if he beats Kessler in a rematch and has 1 or 2 more good wins he'll be up there with Calzaghe in the ATG 168lbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
          He could of gone to Germany to fight Ottke, I know Ottke received a few gifts in Germany but Calzaghe would've beaten him comprehensivly IMO. He could've also fought Johnson in the early 2000s and unified the division sooner. To be fair to Calzaghe there weren't many 168lbers at the time that he ducked or didn't fight.

Frank and Calzaghe made offers to fight Ottke in Germany, Ottke refused every offer. Take a look.

"Here is a serious offer to Ottke to face Calzaghe," said Warren, "I'm looking for the fight to take place in Cardiff but Joe is more than happy to face Ottke in Germany, his own backyard."
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/3163285.stm

Also, did you know that Calzaghe was scheduled to fight the winner of Sheika-Johnson, and Johnson lost. Sheika won then Joe fought and beat Sheika.

Comment

Working...
          X