Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins, Richar Abril vs Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Broner. He is much faster and more accurate with his hard punches than Rios.

Comment

I didn't read through this tread, but i'll tell you what, Richard Abril poses all kinds of problems for Broner. Broner doesn't have fast feet. He likes to stand up in front of guys. With his feet spreed wide. Abril will have a feild day boxing from the outside. It's Broner who'll have to do all the adjusting. Very interesting fight & winnable from both ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I didn't read through this tread, but i'll tell you what, Richard Abril poses all kinds of problems for Broner. Broner doesn't have fast feet. He likes to stand up in front of guys. With his feet spreed wide. Abril will have a feild day boxing from the outside. It's Broner who'll have to do all the adjusting. Very interesting fight & winnable from both ends.
        i dont see it. abril is the new broner destroyer i see. kinda like he destroyed hank lundy. *shrugs* he may have won that fight but he didnt have an easy time of it, and hank lundy is definitely no adrien broner, abril will have a hard time with broners athleticism just like he had a hard time with lundys. its not a fight i see him being able to win.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          i dont see it. abril is the new broner destroyer i see. kinda like he destroyed hank lundy. *shrugs* he may have won that fight but he didnt have an easy time of it, and hank lundy is definitely no adrien broner, abril will have a hard time with broners athleticism just like he had a hard time with lundys. its not a fight i see him being able to win.
          Well, I've seen Abril against Broner type of fighter. Lundy can be called a generic version of Broner so to speak. What I haven't seen is Broner against a fighter with Abrils style. Longer rangy fighter who fights at a distance. I'm fairly certain Broner would struggle with Abril's style.

Comment

You already know

Comment

Well, I've seen Abril against Broner type of fighter. Lundy can be called a generic version of Broner so to speak. What I haven't seen is Broner against a fighter with Abrils style. Longer rangy fighter who fights at a distance. I'm fairly certain Broner would struggle with Abril's style.
              im fairly certain he wouldnt. abril really doesnt do much that would make him struggle. ppl seem to think that movement and a jab is enough to win u a fight. thats not how boxing works at the elite level. the same way he struggled with lundys handspeed and athleticism is the same way he'll struggle with broner. he will have to get off somehow, and if lundy, whos nowhere near as rangy or skilled as broner, can get off on him, then broner will have no issue.

Comment

Broner's body punching will be the difference in this fight. I think he will take a while to adjust but begin to wear Abril down in the mid to late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  im fairly certain he wouldnt. abril really doesnt do much that would make him struggle. ppl seem to think that movement and a jab is enough to win u a fight. thats not how boxing works at the elite level. the same way he struggled with lundys handspeed and athleticism is the same way he'll struggle with broner. he will have to get off somehow, and if lundy, whos nowhere near as rangy or skilled as broner, can get off on him, then broner will have no issue.
                  Like I said, Broner is not a defensive genius. It's easier to hit a fighter who shoulder rolls especially being rangier. Broner also doesn't utilize his legs much. His wide stance would be exposed. Hank Lundy uses his legs far more than Broner does. If Broner can be hit by midgets at will, a rangier fighter & good footwork most certainly can have success.

Comment

Like I said, Broner is not a defensive genius. It's easier to hit a fighter who shoulder rolls especially being rangier. Broner also doesn't utilize his legs much. His wide stance would be exposed. Hank Lundy uses his legs far more than Broner does. If Broner can be hit by midgets at will, a rangier fighter & good footwork most certainly can have success.
                    Exactly. There is a HUGE difference between Abril and the guys Broner has fought. Notice that Rees, DeMarco, Litzau, Ponce, and other were all right in front of Broner. They were chosen because Broner does not have quick feet and walking down a fighter is not going to work against fast, fleet footed fighters Abril or Vasquez. That means the fight would be very uncomfortable for Broner and be close and expose Broner's lack of foot movement and take away the buz that Team Broner wants to maintain. He would look bad no matter what the outcome would be.

Comment

Favor Broner over Abril...... Abril has a tendency to wait for the perfect shot/not be active enough

Comment

Working...
                      X