No announcement yet.

I'm NOT sold on Cotto.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
    Most people would not agree with you and I'm one of them.. He needs that big win to be a HOF. He was a good fighter and exciting at time but not a HOF..
    41 fights, 37 wins only 4 losses. 30 wins by ko.

Won 4 titles in 3 different weight classes. I think he makes it.

Comment

Most people would not agree with you and I'm one of them.. He needs that big win to be a HOF. He was a good fighter and exciting at time but not a HOF..
      cotto is not a hof yet, i agree with you homie,

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        41 fights, 37 wins only 4 losses. 30 wins by ko.

Won 4 titles in 3 different weight classes. I think he makes it.
        He never beat anyone great or potential HOF. His best win was against Mosely, come on bro..That title at 154 was a paper title btw.. But I respect your opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Nah, I think you are describing Hatton. Cotto was a bigger man in boxing than him.
          Cotto is the best thing you guys have had since Tito, of course you're going to talk him up.

he was better than the average titlist. but he never established himself as the king of a division beyond reasonable doubt by cleaning up his main rivals - he got close at '47, but a certain someone got in the way (no poorly supported suppositions, please). he showed himself a cut below the elite fighters he fought.

the HOF is a business - Cotto will get in because he was a popular fighter with some good wins. he will never grace any historian's Top 100 ATG list, nor should he even come close to doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
            if cotto beat kirkland, angulo, bradley and maybe ortiz, lol, would you call him a hall of fame caliber fighter today?????????????? i would no doubt, lol, bradley would be the biggest win overall even though bradley not hall of fame but braley is a undefeated fighter with no losses, lol, that counts for a little something i guess
            He needs to clean up that much for me to consider him a HOFer. If he would had stuck at 140 and cleaned it out and would had been the man to beat at that weight but he went to 147, took big challenges but lost the ones that really mattered

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              He needs to clean up that much for me to consider him a HOFer. If he would had stuck at 140 and cleaned it out and would had been the man to beat at that weight but he went to 147, took big challenges but lost the ones that really mattered
              m an , lol, the puerto ricans on the latino lounge are the most brutally honest real fans they are, lol, the ones on nsb always whine and complain , lol,

how the hell cant cotto be a hall of famer with him beating those ****faces i just mentioned, lol, i seriously hate cotto now but if he beats alvarez now, lol, hes a hof with that alone(my opinion)

cotto is shot and canelo is on the rise and canelo is like the vargas win for trinidad to cotto

canelo is still young like vargas when he took on trinidad but cotto is not in prime so cotto beating alvarez would mean even more for cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                m an , lol, the puerto ricans on the latino lounge are the most brutally honest real fans they are, lol, the ones on nsb always whine and complain , lol,

how the hell cant cotto be a hall of famer with him beating those ****faces i just mentioned, lol, i seriously hate cotto now but if he beats alvarez now, lol, hes a hof with that alone(my opinion)

cotto is shot and canelo is on the rise and canelo is like the vargas win for trinidad to cotto

canelo is still young like vargas when he took on trinidad but cotto is not in prime so cotto beating alvarez would mean even more for cotto
                I'm not sold on Canelo yet. He has to beat a good JrMW or even see him against a tough fighter that won't go away for twelve rounds. But hopefully in May they will finally match him with some one good. GBP is ruining him by giving him so many soft touches, if he don't face adversity early he might melt mentally once he is caught in a bind

Comment

More than anything, cotto is a peoples champ type of fighter, taking on tough challengers/not shying away from anybody and providing fans with great fights. How many undefeated fighters/champions have crossed paths with cotto and walked away with a loss?

His resume is solid, and hof worthy imo. If he would drop back down to 147, he would be a top dog again, beating marquez, guerrero, bradley, and even pacquiao imo. Mayweather is the only one who imo will always be just too skilled for cotto.

Just a comment/question on marquez, what exactly makes him atg worthy that doesnt apply to others....cotto specifically?

Comment

He never beat anyone great or potential HOF. His best win was against Mosely, come on bro..That title at 154 was a paper title btw.. But I respect your opinion..
                    There are lesser fighter in the HOF. At 140 he was a monster. We disagree but I think he makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                      Cotto is the best thing you guys have had since Tito, of course you're going to talk him up.

he was better than the average titlist. but he never established himself as the king of a division beyond reasonable doubt by cleaning up his main rivals - he got close at '47, but a certain someone got in the way (no poorly supported suppositions, please). he showed himself a cut below the elite fighters he fought.

the HOF is a business - Cotto will get in because he was a popular fighter with some good wins. he will never grace any historian's Top 100 ATG list, nor should he even come close to doing so.
                      Talking him up? The guy is the third biggest attraction on this side of the world after Floyd and Pac. His career was more than PR following. Actually he is hated here so Earl comment made no sense. He was describing someone else and that was my point.

I always wonder why people keep repeating that he never dominated a weight class. The fighters that he didnt faced that really matter at 140 was Hatton and Floyd. Cotto was ranked #3. He beat top 10 fighters like N'dou, Maussa, and Corley. Because they werent great fighters, dont mean Cotto didnt dominate that weight class. So that theory that he wasnt the best or dominate 140 is BS. If someone thinks that beating Vivian Harris and Witter would made Cotto resume better, well that is your opinion. IMO, Ricardo Torres was better than them.

Again in 147 he didnt face Floyd. But he beat 5 top 10 WW. Even if you think Judah was a mental midget, Cotto beat him, Mosley, Urkal, Quintana and Clottey. All were ranked top 10 during that period. Only name that would matter and solidify him is PWill. Would it change anything if he had beat Margarito the first time? According to some people in the forums Margarito was nothing and that W would be consider garbage (I dont concurred with that).

I know that some idiots make him look like a god and that he is an ATG. But if you look closely at his career and follow the period where he was fighting, he was going against the top fighters of his division most of the times (aside from Gomez and Jennings of course) and he had a great career. Losing to two ATG, one in a competitive fight, does not diminish your career.

Comment

Working...
                      X