Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid ass question, but do A-list celebs frequent UFC fights like they do boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    UFC have built themselves an amazing and loyal following. After Mayweather and Pacquiao...UFC does have a LEGIT SHOT at becoming the #1 Combat Sport in the US.

So your co-work is not alone...in fact I think in the US: UFC>"Boxing Fans" EASILY and it is not even CLOSE!

Only UFC needs is more good Mexican Fighters like Cain Velezquez to grab more Hispanic Fans and Boxing could really be FUKED!

A-List Celebs only come out for Mayweather and Pacquiao though, they don't come out for the rest of the Boxing Events! MMA might not get the A-List but they do get A-List Athletes from other Sports who come and watch which I think is just as impressive

I Love BOTH SPORT Personally!
    I remember seeing Jack Nicholson at more than 2 events in California either last year or the year before and neither Manny nor Floyd was fighting. Cant remember the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      if you can't appreciate other styles of fighting then that's your choice. Just to let you know, those kicks knock people the **** out. Almost as often as fists do.

I'm not sure your age, but combination martial arts where you box and kick is a fairly new type of training. To combine wrestling karate boxing etc all in one fight probably wasn't a common thing for you 'growing up.'

I still remember the first several UFC events back in 92-93, I was 7-8 years old. They were the rarest most brutal fights I have ever seen. Dudes would fight 3 times in one competition. **** was insane.
      38 in a couple weeks. It was never common. You might have one guy in the neighborhood who used to kick while fighting, but it was mainly fist. Whats weird (to me atleast) is that i enjoy kickboxing and watching it, I just cant get into MMA. I tried, but it never happened.

Comment

I love it when people think they can beat people up because they watch ufc

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          They only go because UFC Dana White begs them to, if you ever watch a UFC fight they constantly show any type of celeb on camera, like David Spade or whoever.
          I'm convinced that ZUFFA is paying Tyson money on the down-low to be their ambassador aka tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I'm not trying to downplay the UFC's popularity. I could give a f**k to be honest. I'm not a hater and them thriving or failing or what the f**k ever really means zilch to me.

But it seems to me that UFC fans go out of their way to badmouth boxing. Why? It reminds me of mother**king PlayStation & Xbox fan boys. Every single time I've brought up boxing to a UFC guy (and in this case I didn't even bring it up), the UFC guy immediately goes on the attack on the sport of boxing.
            I've always equated it to the way mets fans come at yankees fans ... It's like, dude we don't play in the same league let alone division I want you guys to do good... So wouldn't want another "subway World Series". But it never fails they've always got say. It's got nothing to do with our 27 'rings doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Seriously though, reason I ask is some douchebag coworker of mine was talking about how the UFC b*tch slaps boxing. I laughed at him. And then one of the very first points he brought up was...how the UFC gets tons of celebs out at their fights, lol. My response was so does boxing, and I started naming off some names. Then I asked this dude to name some of the UFC celebs and he said that the "names escape him at the moment" (lmao), but that he'd get back at me later.

It really was one of the worst boxing vs UFC arguments of all-time, and I'm ashamed to have been a participant...but in my defense this nerd was the one who brought it up and then made his first f**king point about how the UFC gets mad celebs
              Both fan bases are usually clueless about the other sport.

You get the usual "boxing be dead doe" comment from Mr Tapout athletic wear.

Then there are boxing guys who say MMA has no talent, as if they'd know what that is, because you're judging them solely on their boxing skills of which they only need a decent amount.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                I'm convinced that ZUFFA is paying Tyson money on the down-low to be their ambassador aka tool.
                Dude that has been known for a while. They would give Tyson free foods and rooms and tickets to go to their events and he would go on plane trips and interviews with Dana White to push UFC.

Its sad really, it was painful to hear Tyson a few years ago bash boxing and praise UFC.

Comment

Been a boxing fan since I was a little kid and always will be. But I've grown to love MMA as well. Once you understand the sport it's very interesting. Love the fact that the ufc only has a few belts and the champ is universally accepted as the best in the world (smaller promotion organizations do not have the top tier fighters). A ufc title fight is a big deal and a big occasion - it's what boxing was 50 years ago.

I don't understand why some fight fans have to take sides. I like both codes.

Comment

Boxing is more classy

Comment

They get comp'd tickets and hotel rooms to both so they go if they want to...Celeb's are cheap and can't resist a freebee. They comp them so that they can flash the camera on them and make them look like fans...some of them are...some not so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X