Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin is a solid fighter but nothing wow's me about him other than his power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People like to focus on the power,but not the footwork and ring IQ that allows that power to be delivered at the right time and angle

Comment

I think Golovkin is extremely talented and skilled for the style he fights with.

Comment

I feel this way about Canelo...idk how you don't see the skills Golovkin possesses...

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
          Just watched the fight with him and Rosado, and yes I know he had the flu but still I don't see anything from Golovkin that gives me the wow factor, yes he has tremendous power, yes he is strong but he's not as talented as the likes of Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez or Canelo who would beat him p4p. When you watch those guys they have attributes that really catch your attention and make you go wow!! Golovkin is a nice likeable dude but he just doesn't wow me. People on this forum get too carried away with punchers I guess.
          He doesn't have huge names on his record but his fights over Bute and Dirrell in the amateurs impressed me. I know it's the amateurs but sometimes those things tell you a lot about fighters.

He has huge power that get people to watch his fight and he has boxing ability as well. He seems to always be in position to be able to punch.

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
            I feel this way about Canelo...idk how you don't see the skills Golovkin possesses...
            Canelo's combinations don't impress you?

Comment

Working...
            X