Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regardless of Who Wins between Floyd and PacMan, Who Will have the Better Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I like PBF but PAC will have the better legacy just because of his 7 weight division champion(I feel PBF could easily do it too though) and his FOTD accolade(PBF shoulda won it had he not retired).
    PBF would beat PAC on point if they do fight.

I just dont want PBF to be another lightweight Calzaghe but once November comes he wont be.

Comment

Lets be serious and stop with the hating. Pac has a good resume but when Floyd was close to defeat against Castillio he came bcak and beat that ass or atleast won convincingly. PAC has atleast came back and beat Morralles but he wouldnt fight
      Marquez even though everyone knows he lost both fights. He literally ran from Marquez and wouldnt fight him again and why if that was Floyd everyone would be saying hes ducking. I believe Floyd has the better resume because of whom he fought and when he fought them. We dont call Margarito a ducker of Paul Williams when he didnt want to fight Paul do we. We dont call Pac a ducker of Bradley, Alexander, Williams or Foreman do we. Mayweather may have choosen not to fight Margarito and Cotto but doesnt evey fighter pick and choose unless your name is Cotto.

Examples
      Dawson ducked Cloud
      Hopkins Ducked Dawson
      Pac ducked MarquezIII, Foreman, Bradley, Alexander and maybe Guzman, Holt, Campbell, Petersen and all the other good 140lbers.
      Mayweather ducked Cotto maybe, Margarito maybe, Williams (who wants to fight williams at 147.
      Mosley didnt want to fight Williams.

Everyone has skeletons it depends if you make the correct decisions in your career that make you richer and your legacy. No one fights everyone and cleans out a division anymore.
      Last edited by EMACULATE; 06-25-2010, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Why talk about legacy if Floyd doesn't want to be known inside the ring but he wants to be known outside of the ring. lol......

Time :012 Floyd: I would rather be known as a Champion outside the ring as far as giving back to the people who who who who who is not in a position as I am to "try to help a kid" or a young adult grow to the stage where I am at. I would rather be known as that type of Champion than a Champion in the ring.

Well here's your chance Floyd to help a kid who is not in a position as you are. Will you grant this kid his "Wish?"

Time :012 Floyd: Well at this particular time, Floyd Mayweather is taking probably a year or a couple of years off from the sport of boxing.

No Floyd. Don't disappoint the kid and the whole world. Tell me it aint so.

Time 1:25 You got to be kidding. Devote your time to feed the homeless. LMFAO!
        Last edited by Jo94403; 06-25-2010, 01:10 AM.

Comment

fans, awards, belts, and make a wish foundations dont pay the bills

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxe Murderer View Post
            fans, awards, belts, and make a wish foundations dont pay the bills
            Fans don't pay the bills? Maybe not yours. But fans do pay to see them fight live or PPV.

Oh, and Fans do pay for Floyds T-shirts and keychains. lol....

Comment

Floyd needs a lot of more of this kind.

When Tyson was beaten by Kevin McBride;
              McBride did'nt surpass Tyson's legacy....

same rule will apply.

Comment

Honestly? The winner. If Pac wins he goes down as one of the best ever. If Floyd wins, it just proves that he is as great as many people think he is. If Pac loses he looks like the product of smart match making and hype. If Floyd loses he looks like an overprotected fighter who cared more about his record then legacy. Everything rides on this fight. That said, Im fairly sure it wont ever happen.
                Last edited by Motofan; 06-25-2010, 02:23 AM.

Comment

The winner of the fight. If the fight never happens I'd say Floyd had the better legacy, but Pac has the more historical legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by da beatdown View Post
                    Who will be remembered with higher regard? Will it be Pac, champ in 7 weight classes(Floyd 5), Maybe Floyd's unblemished record will come to mind, Pac's offensive firepower or Floyd's defensive wizardry?Who's resume is more impressive?Was Pac's brutal ko of Hatton more impressive than the sweet check hook Floyd caught him with that sent him into the corner post head first? Let's see what yall think, and lets do it on a factual basis more so than throwing insults around.
                    Manny would have the better resume out of the two even if he lost to Floyd.

but if Floyd goes on to beat both Paul and Sergio after then IDK.

(Floyd fighting Paul is very unlikely though)

Comment

Why, the fight is not signed, it doesn't look like it's going to be signed.

Comment

Working...
                      X