Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when did Martinez become unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    However you want to spin it.

That was a war. There was no robbery.
    So then that means you don't have any problem with the judge that scored it 118-109 for Williams then, right? I mean, I like Paul Williams. But sometimes I think you display blind loyalty towards him.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      He was robbed against Cintron yes.

He was not robbed against Williams. I scored the by the slightest in margins for Martinez. It was a close fight that could have been interpreted to go either way. If I watched it again I may have sided with Williams. It was not a robbery.
      This is correct. I like Martinez a good amount more than Williams, but I scored the Williams fight a draw. If I had to give one guy the nod I'd give it to Martinez for landing the bigger, better shots, but that was a very close fight.

Comment

Paul Williams some how won the first round, it was a fairly even round with a flash knocked down by Williams, Martinez KD actually hurt Williams and he was lucky the round was over. Martinez was the true winner that fight

Comment

I thought Martinez won pretty clearly against Williams. I don't think he's overrated, I figure he will give Pavlik all types of hell.

Comment

He admitted he took rounds off vs. Williams.

Just saying.
            And I still had him beating Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
              So then that means you don't have any problem with the judge that scored it 118-109 for Williams then, right? I mean, I like Paul Williams. But sometimes I think you display blind loyalty towards him.
              When did I say I liked that score. I dont think it was fair.

But it was very close fight. There was no robbery.

Comment

When did I say I liked that score. I dont think it was fair.

But it was very close fight. There was no robbery.
                when a score card is filled out before the fight (118-109). it does not matter how close the actual fight was, it is a robbery.

Comment

P Will - Martinez was a fight that should have been in favor of Martinez. Once P Will get KO'd, he's going to change careers.

Comment

Depeniding on the pavlik-msrtinez result, williams-martinez 2 needs to happen. But if martinez loses to pavlik, i cant see the rematch taking place. I think pavlik may even KO martinez, williams wont want rematch with martinez if he does get Kod

Comment

However you want to spin it.

That was a war. There was no robbery.
                      Martinez deserved to win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X