No announcement yet.

There won't be a Mayweather-Maidana rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L3TH4L View Post
    The reactions from Mayweather's camp following the fight indicates that there won't be a rematch. A complete 180 from their initial stance at the post fight press conference, where Mayweather even joked about having the rematch on the same night.

Mayweather already said "I feel I dominated the fight", and Mayweather Sr. went from being "Okay" with a rematch to "Maidana don't deserve nothing". These don't sound like fighting words to me, odds of a rematch happening at this point are slim to none.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/5/5/...-maidana-fight

LMAO..don't say I told ya'll so. I'm just a h8r doe........

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      No doubt, if there's a rematch, they are going to get the gloves settled months before the fight and probably have it in the contract.
      The only interest in a rematch relies solely on whether or not Maidana gets to use his own gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        Not sure we can take anything said right after the fight as gospel. They'll look at everything and make a decision. But if Cotto wins Floyd will immediately make a fight with him for the "middleweight championship"
        But if Sergio wins impressively, Floyd will be like Sergio who?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
          Why Cotto ONLY? Should it be the winner of Cotto/Martinez? Martinez is not with TR, so whats your excuse Floyd's "IMDAZED" Lover?
          LMAO....this pic man, wow, just wow...

Comment

It's amazing how many people think that Mayweather is losing a step just because he had a semi-close fight with Maidana. He stated in the weeks leading up to the fight that he would fight differently than he usually does. The majority of fans have grown accustomed to seeing him dismantle opponents with ease, that when he's in a tough fight, we think that something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by L3TH4L View Post
              It's amazing how many people think that Mayweather is losing a step just because he had a semi-close fight with Maidana. He stated in the weeks leading up to the fight that he would fight differently than he usually does. The majority of fans have grown accustomed to seeing him dismantle opponents with ease, that when he's in a tough fight, we think that something is wrong.
              Floyd made a stink about the gloves for a reason, he knew what he was walking into and tried to mitigate the damage. Floyd fought like he always does but Maidana mauled him which forced him to fight along the ropes, hence the complaining about the "wrestling" tactics post-fight.

Comment

Working...
              X