Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin: Team Klitschko Manipulates The Public Opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Povetkin`s problem is that he has the wrong promoter. Sauerland has problems with his German TV partner ARD and bad TV ratings and therefore wants the Klitschko fight on that station. Without Sauerland the Klitschko vs Povetkin fight would already be made.

Comment

There are just no good challengers for Wlad. The heavyweights division is a barren wasteland and he's king of a modest mountain.

I was just watching a young Tyson fight James Tillis and my thoughts are, Tyson at 215 woulda tore through Wlad, and The Fighting Cowboy would have had a chance of outpointing him too. Tillis was a real tough customer, could stick and move and mix in a quick 1-2 and uppercut to the body, and I think he would get under the younger Klitschko's skin.

So yeah, this era is weaker than the 1980's, to my eyes anyway.

The europeans who run the show above cruiser are kinda methodical and boring, nowhere near as inspired as the colorful American crop from the a few decades ago.

We need to take back boxing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
        There are just no good challengers for Wlad. The heavyweights division is a barren wasteland and he's king of a modest mountain.

I was just watching a young Tyson fight James Tillis and my thoughts are, Tyson at 215 woulda tore through Wlad, and The Fighting Cowboy would have had a chance of outpointing him too. Tillis was a real tough customer, could stick and move and mix in a quick 1-2 and uppercut to the body, and I think he would get under the younger Klitschko's skin.

So yeah, this era is weaker than the 1980's, to my eyes anyway.

The europeans who run the show above cruiser are kinda methodical and boring, nowhere near as inspired as the colorful American crop from the a few decades ago.

We need to take back boxing.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Isn't it so, that most if the athletically gifted big boys in the US nowadays tend to lean more towards basketball or football? the mma/ufc is maybe taking over in the states.
        Last edited by Weltschmerz; 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
        X