Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was unaware that a Puerto Rican could run for President or Vice President.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was unaware that a Puerto Rican could run for President or Vice President.

There are a lot of Puerto Ricans in the US military, including the finest I ever served with, Master Sergeant Vegacruz. And I believe they can vote in the presidential primaries, but not in the election. But I was unaware that they were qualified to run for President or VP until I found out that Republican candidate Tim Pawlenty (former 2 term governor of Minnesota) was considering Luis Fortuño, current governor of Puerto Rico, as a potential running mate.

Luis is the first Republican governor to be elected in PR since 1969 and by the largest margin in 44 years.

Anyhow just thought I'd bring that to your attention. Other hispanic conservatives on my radar are Florida's Senator Marco Rubio, Texas' 2012 senate candidate Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz, who was the Texas Solicitor General and my district's representative Francisco "Quico" Canseco (newly elected in my first time ever voting.)

Puerto Rico = 52nd State of the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
      Puerto Rico = 52nd State of the U.S.
      uh no. US territory, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        uh no. US territory, yes.
        Same shit.

Comment

Puerto Ricans have fought and died for this county since the American Revolution, along side Washington.

Comment

i didn't know this either but i ain't surprised since there's a puerto rican in the supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
              i didn't know this either but i ain't surprised since there's a puerto rican in the supreme court.
              Yeah but Justice Sotomayor was born in New York. Anyhow just seemed odd to me that a Puerto Rican couldn't vote for our president, but could actually run for President.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                I was unaware that a Puerto Rican could run for President or Vice President.
                fascinating.
                Any word on Kenyans?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Yeah but Justice Sotomayor was born in New York. Anyhow just seemed odd to me that a Puerto Rican couldn't vote for our president, but could actually run for President.
                  Yea I didn't know that...

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
                    fascinating.
                    Any word on Kenyans?

Got to it before me.

Comment

Working...
                    X