Collapse
No announcement yet.

State your UNPOPULAR boxing opinions/bold predictions thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao took a beating in fights he dominated. Particularly against Clottey, Margarito, and Mosely. If all you had to go by was the way he looked after these fights you would think he lost. Maybe he bruises easy but he always looks like he's been through a grinder after his fights.

Pacquiao/Cotto was Cotto's fight to lose. I actually rooted for Pacquiao in this one. Within a couple of rounds, Cotto was doing a lot better than I thought he would. Even after Pacquiao adjusted and got the KD, Cotto was still holding his own. This was one of the best performances from Pacquiao (and Cotto) IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      Pacquiao took a beating in fights he dominated. Particularly against Clottey, Margarito, and Mosely. If all you had to go by was the way he looked after these fights you would think he lost. Maybe he bruises easy but he always looks like he's been through a grinder after his fights.

Pacquiao/Cotto was Cotto's fight to lose. I actually rooted for Pacquiao in this one. Within a couple of rounds, Cotto was doing a lot better than I thought he would. Even after Pacquiao adjusted and got the KD, Cotto was still holding his own. This was one of the best performances from Pacquiao (and Cotto) IMO.
      He looked fine after Mosley. Mosley didn't do anything. Clottey was just big and marked Pac easy because of the size difference, he didn't take a beating.

Margarito on the other hand, it's hard to remember because of what Pac did to the man, but Margarito touched Pac a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        He looked fine after Mosley. Mosley didn't do anything. Clottey was just big and marked Pac easy because of the size difference, he didn't take a beating.

Margarito on the other hand, it's hard to remember because of what Pac did to the man, but Margarito touched Pac a bit.
        Well you kinda expect people to disagree with you when you post in a thread with the words "UNPOPULAR boxing opinions" in the title so well played my friend.

Comment

• my unpopular opinion is , the judge who scored the alverez mayweather fight a draw had the best score card !!!!! i finaly saw the fight last night becasue last week my stream kept cutting in and out and slowing down !!!!!! hahahaha theres no way i was paying for that fight !!!! anyways that fight was no where the shut out people claimed it was , there was a lot of close rounds and only a die hard floyd fan can claim it was a shut out !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Fighters that hold excessively should be penalised.

Also, people tend to overrate the skill of a "counter punchers" and underrate the skill of a "brawlers".
            Last edited by Chaos Theory; 09-22-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X