No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley's health?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Bradley's health?

Maybe it's just me, but I think he's starting to show signs of brain damage. He complained of headaches for months after Provodnikov, then he took some hard shots via headbutts vs Chavez. That same tissue on his left cheek bone swelled up bad last night vs a light puncher in Vargas. Additionally I don't see Bradley from 2 years ago getting rocked as hard as he did last night by Vargas in the 12th. And some of his rants this week seemed a little out of character for him.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I think he's starting to show signs of brain damage. He complained of headaches for months after Provodnikov, then he took some hard shots via headbutts vs Chavez. That same tissue on his left cheek bone swelled up bad last night vs a light puncher in Vargas. Additionally I don't see Bradley from 2 years ago getting rocked as hard as he did last night by Vargas in the 12th. And some of his rants this week seemed a little out of character for him.
    Hmm probably a combination of post traumatic stress disorder from the first Paquiao fight and the Provodnikov punches. Ive never seen a fighter so crucified for getting a bad decision. The Provo fight was brutal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
      Hmm probably a combination of post traumatic stress disorder from the first Paquiao fight and the Provodnikov punches. Ive never seen a fighter so crucified for getting a bad decision. The Provo fight was brutal as well.
      There's a price to be paid for having a great resume like Tim's.

Comment

He's fine....Vargas talked some stuff and got under his skin. Anyone can get caught by a punch, he didn't go down regardless of what Russell did or didn't do.

I don't think he respected Vargas' power and let his guard down a little bit so that he could focus on offense.

Comment

I think bradley will only be around at top level for another 2 years before a significant decline appears, got to love his warrior spirit though, a shame he isnt as well recognized as he should be outside hardcore boxing fans, hes an entertaining dude.

Comment

He needs to tighten up the defense a little bit is all, he can't continue to get hit with clean shots like he did in that 12 round against Vargas. He said he should have listened to his corner, thats what he needs to do is box and tighten up that D.

Comment

Vargas isn't that light of a puncher, that was obvious to see, wouldn't categorize him a puncher, but definitely not light, either his power has improved or it's a style thing. Bradley's face swelled because he consistently moved into overhands.

Comment

Bradley has fought a lot of tough fights, he has a very very good resume, but he isn't smart enough to last longer in this fight game. He would end up like Terry Norris if he doesn't take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Holt rocked Bradley badly years ago.

But yes, I don't like Tim getting too macho and going out like that.

Comment

Bradley is pretty lucky that he's with TR so he isn't expected to face Porter/Thurman. Bradley would not want to get in a war with those two, and it seems like Bradley can't avoid getting into brawls now.

Comment

Working...
                    X