Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el malo View Post
    did the article mention a physical?
    Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI

Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym twiced failed physical. Out of his fight with Guillermo Rigondeaux

Comment

Thalassemia is a genetic disease, an autosomal recessive disease (this means that it has to be ****zygous recessive in order to get the disease)

With this disease people get abnormal red blood cells, which can cause other health problems.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        The goal of this fight was to lead to the potential matchup with Donaire. Gotta feel bad for Rigo. Be nice if there was a late replacement. Tests like these should be confirmed two weeks before a fight so that a late replacement could be considered. It makes no sense that a fight is cancelled at the last minute unless this guy caught a disease the last minute.
        With the Rigo-Poon fight off, the allure of this card drops down to practically zero. It wasn't great to begin with, but either co-billed event couldn't stand alone. Now it's just Donaire versus what's left of Arce. Even a replacement for Poonsawat would be meaningless. This is just bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
          Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI

Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym twiced failed physical. Out of his fight with Guillermo Rigondeaux
          thank you for clearing that up. the article here doesnt mention anything about a physical, just blood test. so i assumed it was blood test for peds or banned substances.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
            well this is what thalassemia is:

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/u...nemia-symptoms

so the doctors made the right call....can't go into a fight if the fighter is suffering from thalassemia (assuming thats the real cause)..

sucks tho cause like many i was really looking forward to this fight..i think more so than donaire vs arce.
            I know what thalassemia is, I'm an engineer in biotechnology and I've done a couple of projects on this disease (a couple of years ago, but still I remember a little bit of it)

People with thalassemia are treated and they can live a good life with it and I'm pretty sure they can do boxing. It has no cure but some treatments can help to relieve the symptoms.
            Last edited by vacon04; 12-13-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Devastated ! My weekend is funked ... Looks like ill be watching hbo and DVr showtime

Comment

damn. i bought tickets to this ****ing fight!

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                  well it does have the potential to cause anemia which can affect the performance and health of poonsawat..if a fighter isn't seen as being 100% going into the fight by the doctors then not much you can do.
                  Of course it affects the health of the fighter, but he has already 50 fights and now they say he has this disease?

This is a genetic disease, it didn't just show up now. He has already lived all his life with it and nobody said anything until now?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    With the Rigo-Poon fight off, the allure of this card drops down to practically zero. It wasn't great to begin with, but either co-billed event couldn't stand alone. Now it's just Donaire versus what's left of Arce. Even a replacement for Poonsawat would be meaningless. This is just bad.

i agree 100% I'll still watch but, this fight is meaningless to me now

Rigo can't get a break! Man, Boxing sucks sometimes. There should be like..understudies or something..id be okay with seeing a friggin exhibition bout

Comment

DAMNIT! I was planning my weekend around watching this...

Comment

Working...
                      X