No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    In fairness, Brook is still really unproven..Not saying this means Brook loses...Just saying the edge in opposition goes to Alexander..I would not be surprised if that was enough..
    He has indeed fought the better opposition, but he's also lost to 3 of them regardless of his record saying only 1 defeat.

Fighting better opposition and beating better oppostion are very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      He has indeed fought the better opposition, but he's also lost to 3 of them regardless of his record saying only 1 defeat.

Fighting better opposition and beating better oppostion are very different things.
      True, but being in a close bout (his two dodgy 'wins' were both close bouts) is worth a lot more than a dozen blow outs.

I really think we'll see a different fighter in Alexander at Welter. The extra seven pounds seem to make him a lot more robust. He looked a lot more confident in himself. I could be wrong (I often am ) but I think he'll be number 1 or 2 in the division in the post Mayweather/Pacquiao years.

Comment

I don't know why people always give Devon the benefit of the doubt. He's just barely surviving on the strip waiting to be eaten by the next cat.

Comment

been followin brook for a while but he gets stopped in the late rounds in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
            been followin brook for a while but he gets stopped in the late rounds in this fight
            You think he get's stopped??For real??This has a decision written all over it imo..The only way I see Brook being stopped,is if Kell try's to push the issue,I can see him being stopped..

Comment

I don't really rate either of them as elite fighters, but Alexander wouldn't be able to spoil Brook's work like he did with Maidana and I lost a bit of respect for him after the Bradley fight. Brook got outworked with Jones towards the end so maybe he has some long term stamina issues that I don't see a conditioning coach solving. Good fight can't choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                You think he get's stopped??For real??This has a decision written all over it imo..The only way I see Brook being stopped,is if Kell try's to push the issue,I can see him being stopped..
                I think Alexander could stop Brook late on too.

Alexander is the better boxer, more power, don't know about speed or footwork - but Alexander is proven at a higher level. Brook's just had a baptism of fire against Carson Jones. I like Brook, I think he can go far but he needs a lot of work and at this stage, Alexander beats him.

Comment

Its a fight i'd like to see happen. I'd side with Alexander to win by close UD.

Comment

Kotelnik beats the brakes off both of them

Comment

It's a fight id like to see. I'd go with Brook winning.

Comment

Working...
                      X