If, and I mean IF, Joshua Clottey shocks the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Something would change if we bet on it.

If we all put our e-points together and bet on Clottey against Pac. Where if Pac loses the Pinoy lounge gets deleted. I guarantee something will change. If Clottey wins.
    Why do you want the pinoy lounge get deleted?

Comment

If we all put our e-points together and bet on Clottey against Pac. Where if Pac loses the Pinoy lounge gets deleted. I guarantee something will change. If Clottey wins.
      bet all ur points on clottey then. better yet find all ur e-friends and ill go all in with my 1.5M

Comment

Originally posted by Dehydrator View Post
        Why do you want the pinoy lounge get deleted?
        Stop reading one part of the entire post.

Red k given back for stupidity. Magler understood but you didn't for some reason.

Comment

Already then...

Let me know if you want to bet all your points and I'll give you 1:2 odds. I'll double your points if Clottey wins over Pacquiao.

I doubt it if Pacquiao loses to Clottey I'm pretty sure the pinoy lounge stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
            Already then...

Let me know if you want to bet all your points and I'll give you 1:2 odds. I'll double your points if Clottey wins over Pacquiao.

I doubt it if Pacquiao loses to Clottey I'm pretty sure the pinoy lounge stays.
            It was a joke!

If you actually were apart of this thread you will see the thought that "IF Clottey won would it change NSB." Some people said no. Then I said "It will change if we bet the pinoy lounge." Which wasn't serious, it was just a response to the question. Apparently Mangler is the only one understood it.

And I think Pacquiao is going to win anyways. So why would I make that bet???

Comment

Only thing changing is your rep power hehehe heeee

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                i like the old floyd as a fighter, remember when he used to fight? the last fight of his that i enjoyed was gatti, because it was pure destruction. they've slowly gotten worse, and when he got to ww, all of the excitment in his fights just vanished. straight right, move, straight right, run, jab right hook, run some more, one and two shots at a time. the oscar fight was excruciating, so was jmm, so was baldo, uck, it makes me sick thinking about them
                I watched the gatti fight and i really liked what i saw, it was clinical like the present Floyd, but bad-ass, unlike the present floyd.

I do understand that coming to WW meant he had to be a bit more cautious, but i was disappointed he didn't try to put on a more aggressive performance like he did with Gatti. I mean, he could be more offensive and still be clinical, he did it before, certainly he could do it with JMM who wasn't a WW... and yet he didn't try.

Comment

Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
                  I watched the gatti fight and i really liked what i saw, it was clinical like the present Floyd, but bad-ass, unlike the present floyd.

I do understand that coming to WW meant he had to be a bit more cautious, but i was disappointed he didn't try to put on a more aggressive performance like he did with Gatti. I mean, he could be more offensive and still be clinical, he did it before, certainly he could do it with JMM who wasn't a WW... and yet he didn't try.
                  I totally agree and I'm really starting to believe that he doesn't have it in him any more. He just doesn't, he's been living the easy life and fighting guys who are baffled by his speed, way past their prime, just too damn slow, or face forward brawlers. He's getting soft. Since he got to WW, he throws one or two shots at a time, gets out of range, repeat. That's it. And play defense with the shoulder roll. This is one of the reason I'm picking Shane. Shane is coming to get in that ass, he can cut Floyd off, he's got very quick hands, and he throws with bad intentions (not to mention strong and iron chinned). Floyd just isn't ready for what Shane's bringing IMO. Now Shane has definitely slowed down some, but I don't think enough to lose to Floyd.

Floyd's style has become more simplistic as well, which means he's easier to gameplan for.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    I totally agree and I'm really starting to believe that he doesn't have it in him any more. He just doesn't, he's been living the easy life and fighting guys who are baffled by his speed, way past their prime, just too damn slow, or face forward brawlers. He's getting soft. Since he got to WW, he throws one or two shots at a time, gets out of range, repeat. That's it. And play defense with the shoulder roll. This is one of the reason I'm picking Shane. Shane is coming to get in that ass, he can cut Floyd off, he's got very quick hands, and he throws with bad intentions (not to mention strong and iron chinned). Floyd just isn't ready for what Shane's bringing IMO. Now Shane has definitely slowed down some, but I don't think enough to lose to Floyd.

Floyd's style has become more simplistic as well, which means he's easier to gameplan for.
                    While it would be fun to watch SSM go after Floyd's ass for 12 rounds, the problem i see for Shane is that if he wants to outpoint Floyd, he needs to put them in bunches.

Don't get me wrong, i think the old man has enough to make this competitive, but if he wants a decision (if it goes all 12), he better have more clean connects than Floyd, which is not easy against a slick potshotter in FMJ. Shane would lose if they would have similar number of punches thrown, with FMJ's defense making the difference.

I'd put it on replay if SSM pulls makes Floyd's knees buckle or worse, that'd be something.

edit: Hey Walt, are ya willing to bet on SSM? i'm cheering for the old man, but i'm putting my money on Floyd to win. how about your 50k(on Shane) to my 100k on Floyd?
                    Last edited by Akinapepemo; 03-06-2010, 04:50 AM.

Comment

what is nsb? im new here

Comment

Working...
                      X