Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz Beats Paulie Malignaggi in a Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldenboy promotion = Goldenboy judges. Congrats Oscar you are now walking that path that Don King used to walk. Tonight will make the few hard core boxing fans turn to the UFC or Strikeforce.

Comment

Is anyone really surprised that Malignaggi didn't get a close decision in Texas? The only way he could've won this is if he totally dominated the fight from bell to bell which didn't happen. It was a relatively close fight, no surprise at all that he didn't get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Is anyone really surprised that Malignaggi didn't get a close decision in Texas? The only way he could've won this is if he totally dominated the fight from bell to bell which didn't happen. It was a relatively close fight, no surprise at all that he didn't get the decision.
        **** was not close to me...unless you consider 8 rounds to 4 close...7-5 at the least...

Paulie fought his fight almost the entire fight. He busted Juan's face up...outjabbed the **** outta him...

Where did you see a close fight...

If Juan lands 3-4 hard punches in 10 secs...and Paulie wins every other min of the round...its not a Juan Diaz round

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
          **** was not close to me...unless you consider 8 rounds to 4 close...7-5 at the least...

Paulie fought his fight almost the entire fight. He busted Juan's face up...outjabbed the **** outta him...

Where did you see a close fight...

If Juan lands 3-4 hard punches in 10 secs...and Paulie wins every other min of the round...its not a Juan Diaz round
          7-5 is a pretty close fight, a couple of close rounds go to Diaz and he wins the fight. Some of the rounds were close.

Comment

I had Malignaggi winning. How lame is it to say you will get robbed cause everything is stacked against you, and still get robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by [ILLMatic] View Post
              hehe i think he won . . . i picked diaz by KO
              lol diaz by ko is crazy.
              Cotto and Hatton couldn't knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                I had Malignaggi winning. How lame is it to say you will get robbed cause everything is stacked against you, and still get robbed.
                lol your sig is funny. barrea is short as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  Given the margins of the scores, even if Malignaggi had dominated the entire fight he would have lost on the cards. This was corrupt scoring, end of story. And appointing two Texan judges was appalling - but DiBella is partly to blame, IMO - he should have insisted on having neutral judges during the fight negotiations.

Comment

anyone with a link to this fight .

Comment

Didn't see the fight but sounds like Malignaggi won from how this
                      interview is written. I guess that I have to see the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X