Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Klitschko: Both Will Sign Once Issue of Titles Resolved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    It wouldn't be right to have the WBO belt added to this fight. AJ isn't even ranked by the WBO, while Wlad is #2.

Parker #1 and Ruiz #3 should trump that. The winner of each fight is going to be on a collision course anyway - Parker being the IBF mando means we'll see that fight by March at the latest (and I imagine the IBF would allow that mando spot to be on the line in the Parker-Ruiz fight).

I've got a really bad feeling that Wlad-AJ could be undone if it's just the IBF and IBO (blah) on the line..
    all the belts should be on the line. Fighting Ruiz should get you a belt but not Wlad?

Comment

They should stop mentioning the IBO belt. Don't legitimize and give publicity to yet another alphabet group.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        The WBO belt seems set to be contested in Parker-Ruiz (#1 challenger vs #3 challenger), and the WBA belt seems set to be Luis Ortiz's path to a belt (giving Matchroom something to build Ortiz towards as they make a possible Ortiz-Joshua fight as big as they can get it) opening up, likely meaning that the IBO belt is the only one that gets added.
        Ortiz is getting stripped for ducking Ustinov. That will leave 0 champions at heavyweight for the WBA. I bet the WBA gets added to Joshua-Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
          all the belts should be on the line. Fighting Ruiz should get you a belt but not Wlad?
          Vlad isn't even the highest on the totem pole according to the WBO rankings - Parker is. And combining that with AJ not even being ranked - but AJ should get a shot at the title?

I understand the desire of many to have as many of the belts as possible on the line for this fight, I really do. But #1 + #3 trumps #2 + Unranked, in a world of common sense.

But common sense lacks in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            They should stop mentioning the IBO belt. Don't legitimize and give publicity to yet another alphabet group.
            I'm with you there, the IBO belt really is a paper belt.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              EDDIE HEARN has revealed terms have been agreed for Anthony Joshua's mouth-watering clash with Wladimir Klitschko. The Matchroom promoter is now finalising which titles will be on the line after Tyson Fury vacated the WBO, IBO and WBA heavyweight belts last week.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              IDC who wins because when Fury comes back he will ether either one of them.

Comment

Credit to Joshua and Hearn if the fight happens. Beating Whyte, Martin, and Brezeale is not going to make Joshua ready for even a diminished Klitschko. I think Wlad badly outboxes and stops Johsua. Not that he can't catch and hurt Wlad, but Joshua doesn't fight on his toes like Fury, Wlad will school this kid.

December 10th could be one hell of a night for boxing with Klitschko/Joshua in the early evening and Golovkin/Jacobs in the later evening.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  IDC who wins because when Fury comes back he will ether either one of them.
                  WAR Fury

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I would take the IBO over the wba and their stupid regular and super champions nonsense.

Comment

All the belts means they'll have to use a couple round card ladies to help carry them. That has to be against at least one of the organization's rules, right? Ha

All I can say is I hope for the best. Don't wanna see negotiations cause this or Ruiz/Parker to get KOd before they happen. Boxing needs these fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X