Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you gotta admit, Larry Merchant left boxing in shame...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you gotta admit, Larry Merchant left boxing in shame...

Dude just couldn't keep his cool... and in the wrong era too..

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    Dude just couldn't keep his cool... and in the wrong era too..
    If I was 20 years younger I would kick your a.ss!

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
      If I was 20 years younger I would kick your a.ss!
      Op is right to a degree HBO should have stood tall and defended him, Mayweather left anyway...The whole altercation still makes me giggle to this day

Comment

Not even sure what the **** they were fighting about. Merchant just asked why Floyd was cherry picking bums, and suckered punched a vulnerable fighter. A spade, is a spade. He's also on record saying Floyd would beat Manny prior to their fight, too. So.....??

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Not even sure what the **** they were fighting about. Merchant just asked why Floyd was cherry picking bums, and suckered punched a vulnerable fighter. A spade, is a spade. He's also on record saying Floyd would beat Manny prior to their fight, too. So.....??
          Yall gonna make me rewatch this fight, classic must see tv all around...Funny I was thinking of Mayweather Ortiz earlier as far as who was more responsible for destroying that kid, Floyd or Chino, I completely forgot the Merchant fiasco

Comment

Isn't he still in boxing. Works for top rank as a commentator for the international feed

Comment

They didn't actually fire merchant for that verbal handbags did they?

Comment

There were times I liked Merchant, then there were times I wanted George or Roy to knock his teeth out.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  They didn't actually fire merchant for that verbal handbags did they?
                  Mayweather threatened them, and refused to fight on HBO if merchant was calling his fights, seeing the writing on the wall of possibly losing Floyd hbo put Merchant on time out, Mayweather left shortly thereafter...

Wish Merchant was in the ring weeks back for Canelo Khan when ggg came up

Comment

Merchant was good at what he did. I enjoyed listening to him calling fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X