Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes: I Was Chasing Lara All Night, I Did Enough To Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vanes: I Was Chasing Lara All Night, I Did Enough To Win!

LAS VEGAS - On a night Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara successfully defended his WBA Super Welterweight Championship with a hard-fought 12-round unanimous decision over Vanes "The Nightmare" Martirosyan, undefeated brothers Jermall and Jermell Charlo, of Houston, became the first twins in boxing history to hold world titles in the same weight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's the Headstone tag line of everyone Lara has beaten xD . "I got hit like a piņata and hit nothing but air but I chased him doe so I should win".

Comment

As if the low blow point deduction made any difference anyway. He lost by more than one point.

And oh "I chased him", great, well done...
      My dog chases squirrels every day in the park but never catches one, hardly makes her a world champion squirrel hunter does it?!!
      And at least the squirrels don't punch her like Lara repeatedly did Vanes, that would be embarrassing right?!!

And this "running" thing is a bit of nonsense 1) you're in a boxing ring which is not a big space 2) how come Lara kept managing to land shots then? Obviously they were both in range much of the time, just Vanes was incapable of landing, whilst Lara wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        As if the low blow point deduction made any difference anyway. He lost by more than one point.

And oh "I chased him", great, well done...
        My dog chases squirrels every day in the park but never catches one, hardly makes her a world champion squirrel hunter does it?!!
        And at least the squirrels don't punch her like Lara repeatedly did Vanes, that would be embarrassing right?!!

And this "running" thing is a bit of nonsense 1) you're in a boxing ring which is not a big space 2) how come Lara kept managing to land shots then? Obviously they were both in range much of the time, just Vanes was incapable of landing, whilst Lara wasn't.
        I think I could like a half a round where Lara didn't throw a punch just ran basically.

He won, but it was a lame performance.

Comment

All Lara can do is keep winning. Too bad he doesn't have the WBC belt, that's most likely the one Saul is going to go after.

Comment

I had it 7-5 for Lara.

Comment

It was maybe 3 rounds max where Lara had those off rounds where he did a lot moving with little punching, which judges probably gave to Vanes, so I don't get what he's complaining about. What's his excuse for the other rounds?

Comment

Vanes won in his eyes. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter. You chased but got hit with more cleaner effective punches. Lara showed he was able to evade while back peddling and landed at a higher connect rate. Not a war but a unaminous decision win for Lara...

Comment

No. You really didn't Vanes....This fight was competitive and interesting but far from close. It's interesting how much respect floyd gets for the exact same style. Making guys miss & striking w/ hard clean power punches. I personally wish he, floyd & Rigo would put together more shots & break guys down. I can't see where Vanes won more than 3-4 rds MAX!

Comment

Nah. It was close, but Lara definitely won.

Comment

Working...
                    X