Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez III the biggest backfiring cherry pick in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
    How did it 'backfire' if he won? You clowns need to get something called perspective, it's only $9.99 at your local grocery store. Actual cherry picks that back-fired:

Ali-Spinks I
    Baer-Braddock
    perspective is just that your perspective.and in theory oscar v pac would have been a cherry pick but, they made oscar fight at 147 he hasnt fought at 147 in 7yrs so they beat oscar at the scale. had they fought at 154 and pac won it would have been a great cherry pick upset. but since oscar had to wt 147 ON FIGHT NIGHT he was defeated at the scale before they fought.

Comment

Oscar-Pac still takes it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Oscar-Pac still takes it..
        Take in to consideration that Oscar cherrypicked the smaller fighter, while that fighter was young and his prime.

Pacquiao cherrypicked the smaller fighter, while he was old, close to retirement, and has seen better days.

Comment

yes it is the biggest cherry pick......

Comment

Well, Victor and Berto was pretty bad. Victor was supposed to be a walkover.

Comment

Whether people want to believe it or not, it's definitely up there.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                How can you cherry pick a guy you went life and death with twice?

Also, people complained about the catch weight, but while I said it prior to the fight, can anyone honestly say size was a factor after what went down Saturday?

And Age? yes Marquez is 38 but let me ask you this; Would any SMW and LHW be called a cherry picker for going after a 44 year old Bernard Hopkins (keep in mind almost all of those guys are younger than Manny by 3-5 years)? Also almost all the legit 160, and 154 are almost a decade younger than Martinez.....would it be considered Cherry picking if they went after a 37 year old Sergio Martinez?

This is a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.
                They sure gave it to your stupid a$$ didn't they. How is it a cherrypick?

Lets see, the fight was at welterweight & Marquez was damn near 40, only a dumb ******* couldn't see that, dumb *******.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Take in to consideration that Oscar cherrypicked the smaller fighter, while that fighter was young and his prime.

Pacquiao cherrypicked the smaller fighter, while he was old, close to retirement, and has seen better days.
                  I take it back then, If i look at it that way then yes Pac alway try to cherrypick fighters who are war-torn, almost done or close to retirement like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I take it back then, If i look at it that way then yes Pac alway try to cherrypick fighters who are war-torn, almost done or close to retirement like you said.
                    I think Oscar Pac was one of the most humiliating attempted cherry picks in history.

Comment

How did it backfire? he won. Even for Arum, it now makes Pac/Marquez 4 even bigger financially.

Comment

Working...
                      X