Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Yuriorkis Gamboa needs to happen next summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of "ifs" to make this one happen. But if it ever comes to pass, I believe Gamboa wins this one. I must admit, though, last night's performance by Broner makes me less confident. Adrien is looking like the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      A inactive fighter who doesn't campaign @LW is the biggest fight for Broner, a huge LW? I really don't care for this one. I'd rather see Gamboa/Russell Jr., a match-up of guys that are similar in size. There are three other fighters that I'd match against Broner before Gamboa.
      I agree with this. Gamboa is at 130 right now and is coming off a long layoff. And I think they will reschedule the Salgado fight after his December fight.

Comment

This is a great match, i think Gamboa style would be more tough for Broner than a match with Marquez, its a toss up fight, to future great meeting so young in there pro boxing career

i have no idea who wins, but if Gamboa can maintain the style he had at the lower weight class i favor him in a SD

its a toss up
        Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 11-18-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I agree with this. Gamboa is at 130 right now and is coming off a long layoff. And I think they will reschedule the Salgado fight after his December fight.

Broner vs. Burns, winner of Abril/Bogere, winner of Vasquez/Gesta, winner of Beltran/Kim

Gamboa vs. Salgado, winner of Uchiyama/Vasquez, Martinez, Magdaleno, Mendez

Both guys have numerous options, no reason for them to fight one another.

Comment

if it weren't for the size difference, i'd be picking gamboa. broner by decision.

Comment

This would be a great fight.... I think Gamboa is so fast that he could really hurt Broner. But at the same time Gamboa has had chin problems before so I could see him getting stopped.

50/50 fight that would be awesome fight for the fans

Comment

or as soon as possible. I'd love to see this. Itll be like a little man's version of roy vs toney.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  This would be a great fight.... I think Gamboa is so fast that he could really hurt Broner. But at the same time Gamboa has had chin problems before so I could see him getting stopped.

50/50 fight that would be awesome fight for the fans
                  Two very talented and very confident fighters. I think that's a major point. When you match guys that truly believe in their abilities the way these two do, there's bound to be a major clash. And it's seriously interesting to see who gets broken down mentally, because that's also almost sure to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
                    or as soon as possible. I'd love to see this. Itll be like a little man's version of roy vs toney.
                    wow good comparison

Comment

I have to see just how Gamboa looks at 135 against a solid opponent before I can make a prediction. As of right now Broner is looking like the best there is at 135 though.

Comment

Working...
                      X