Joining a Boxing Gym, is it worth it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining a Boxing Gym, is it worth it?

Hey all,
    Well I will be joining a local boxing gym pretty soon, the problem im having is i have 2 jobs. It's always good to have two jobs, especially during these times, but i have been wanting to give boxing a try for the longest time. The i was see it is that i will only be able to be at the gym 3 times out of the week for about 4 hours each of these days. Is it worth joining the gym and paying the fees that come along with it?
    thanks in advance.

I was thinking about this, my local boxing gym is Rooneys in London Bridge, it is £60 a month, whereas my regular gym i go to now is £35, i'm wondering whether it is worth paying the extra £25.

Comment

3x4 hours/week sounds comfortably worth it, especially for the beginning that's quite a lot if you use the time in the gym well.

Comment

What in gods name do you do there for 4 hours a day? If the training is somewhat decent and you're not sitting on your ass the whole time you should be done in 60, 75 or 90 minutes. That's a workout for boxing. Do you lift weights after/before the boxing training begins? I mean what do you do there for 4 hours, i don't get it.

And how are we supposed to know whether it's worth it or not if we don't even know the fees you have to pay? If it's around 50 bucks i guess it's worth it since you're spending that much time in the gym.

A shorter, much more intense workout would be better though. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
          What in gods name do you do there for 4 hours a day? If the training is somewhat decent and you're not sitting on your ass the whole time you should be done in 60, 75 or 90 minutes. That's a workout for boxing. Do you lift weights after/before the boxing training begins? I mean what do you do there for 4 hours, i don't get it.

And how are we supposed to know whether it's worth it or not if we don't even know the fees you have to pay? If it's around 50 bucks i guess it's worth it since you're spending that much time in the gym.

A shorter, much more intense workout would be better though. Just my opinion.
          Well im not at the gym for 4 hours, i actually havent began. and it's $60 a month. Im just saying that if i can get sufficient training if i only go 3 days out of the week. Sorry for leaving out some of the details. Im actually going in as a beginner. I have a punching bag at home, but thats just for fun.

Comment

Oh okay. Well 3 days is perfectly fine for a beginner. Like Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That way you can get some rest between every workout. 60 bucks isn't exactly cheap but if you have 2 jobs and if you can afford it, if you like the gym then go for it.

Comment

I joined a (boxing) gym as well and I make it there once a week- if that. I really need to start going more frequently..

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                I was thinking about this, my local boxing gym is Rooneys in London Bridge, it is £60 a month, whereas my regular gym i go to now is £35, i'm wondering whether it is worth paying the extra £25.
                60 a month? that's like 140 or 150 $ Australian (roughly I think)

Where the hell do gyms get off charging that kind of money for boxing? This is boxing not tennis or golf. This is a cheap sport for poor people.

Comment

depending on the Gym...good luck! IMO..the best thing to do is find a Coach willing to train you that dont have a load of fighters to watch over. one on one is great but a small team is good as well. If you do join a gym its ok to learn the basics and get some sparring in and learn different exercises and techniques.

Comment

why r ppl payin crazy money this days

i dnt think it should be free but that would be gr8 like the catskills but 2, 3 dollars the max

Comment

Working...
                    X