Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Pacquiao has taken more risks in exchange for advantages (catchweights) but still he has the better names on his resume. On the other hand Floyd has fought great fighters but they were either the man that beat the man or far from prime. Either way, Pac has more taken more risks in my eyes.

Comment

Comment

Im still trying to figure out if this is a real question or not!! Lets just say we hate Floyd and want someone to shut him up ok... To compare who fights riskier fights is insane. Floyd has always faced better, more prime competition than manny, AFTER THEY WIN, not after they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Answer me a question though, the whole word in 2011 was saying that Shane Mosley was shot, Pacfans, Floyd Fans, Boxing Media....

So Pac has a choice of fighting Mosley, Berto (Undefeated WBO champ at the time), and Paul Williams who was saying he would come down in weight....

Why did Manny fight Mosley?
          Who said Mosley was a risky fight though?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Who said Mosley was a risky fight though?
            Bob Arum, go back on youtube, he was talking about how Mosley style made for a risky fight because he would trade with Pacquiao, Mosley at the time couldn't trade with a preschooler.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              Manny Pacquiao

-Barrera
              -JMM (who a lot of people didn't want to fight)
              -Morales
              -Morales II (after losing in a war, he fought him again)
              -JMM II (after many people thought Marquez won, Pacuqiao took a risk and fought him again)
              -ODLH (considered a horrible cherry pick at the time since DLH had gotten titles at MW and Pacquiao only had 1 fight at LW)
              Miguel Cotto (even with the CW it was considered a big risk)
              Margarito(even after a lose Margarito had a huge size advantage)
              Bradley (Young prime undefeated boxer with good technical abilities)
              Marquez IV (the 3rd fight was a cherry pick but the 4th wasn't even with a size advantage facing a guy that had arguably beat him 2-3 times was a risk)

Pacquiao =10

Floyd Mayweather

-Hernandez (Floyd's age and first title fight)
              -Corrales
              -Castillo II (After arguably losing to Castillo he rematched him)
              -ODLH (moving up in weight, not that big of a risk)

Floyd = 4

that's pretty much it. Only Trout, Martinez or Canelo fights would be risks.
              Guerrero wouldn't. Maybe that speaks of Mayweather's skills and greatness or his great cherry picking skills + hype. Like trying to make a shot Cotto seem 2nd prime'd and undefeated, calling Ortiz the quitter a "Young hungry Lion"etc
              come on maniac 310 How the **** is Morales 2 risky? The man just lost to zahir raheem. come on.

Morales 2, JMM 2 (moving up), Bradley (jww moving up), cotto (cw), margs (cvw) and JMM 4 were all fights where manny was a considerable favorite. I don't think its accurate to say a fighter that is at least a 3-1 underdog is a risky fight just because the fght itself may have been closer than expected.

conversely, you didn't list shane for floyd. a fight that going in you and many other posters said floyd was afraid of shane and shane would beat him. Yet, because floyd won so easily, somehow there was no risk?

you need to have one definition of risk and apply it equally.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                I think Pacquiao has taken more risks in exchange for advantages (catchweights) but still he has the better names on his resume. On the other hand Floyd has fought great fighters but they were either the man that beat the man or far from prime. Either way, Pac has more taken more risks in my eyes.
                I didn't even consider the weight drained zombies when I picked Pacquiao. He had a solid resume and took a lot of risky fights pre-De La Hoya.

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                Im still trying to figure out if this is a real question or not!! Lets just say we hate Floyd and want someone to shut him up ok... To compare who fights riskier fights is insane. Floyd has always faced better, more prime competition than manny, AFTER THEY WIN, not after they lose.
                Bradley was an out of prime fighter coming off a loss? That's news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  come on maniac 310 How the **** is Morales 2 risky? The man just lost to zahir raheem. come on.

Morales 2, JMM 2 (moving up), Bradley (jww moving up), cotto (cw), margs (cvw) and JMM 4 were all fights where manny was a considerable favorite. I don't think its accurate to say a fighter that is at least a 3-1 underdog is a risky fight just because the fght itself may have been closer than expected.

conversely, you didn't list shane for floyd. a fight that going in you and many other posters said floyd was afraid of shane and shane would beat him. Yet, because floyd won so easily, somehow there was no risk?

you need to have one definition of risk and apply it equally.
                  Who do you think has had the riskier fights BigDunn?
                  Edit: ignore me, i just saw your reply in the poll

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Screw Burger King.

Comment

Working...
                      X