Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Fires at Hearn on Kell Brook, Talks Murray-Mitchell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren Fires at Hearn on Kell Brook, Talks Murray-Mitchell

Promoter Frank Warren reached out to BoxingScene.com to put across his views on Kell Brook's move to Matchroom Sport. Matchroom's Eddie Hearn told me earlier this week that, “Kell definitely needs a challenge”, which prompted Warren to defend his handling of Kell, placing the blame for periods of inactivity on Brook's shoulders as well as pointing out that 'Special K' was offered fights with Mike Jones, Cornelius Bundrage and WBA light-middleweight title holder Miguel Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]

I dont see the point of Murray vs Mitchell, Mitchell needs a comeback fight, I think Frank is just using them for his own ends and thats underhand what he did with the Intercontintental belt.

Comment

Frank Warren trashing a fighter that's left him?

Never!

Comment

Warren hates on any fighter that isnt with him anymore. What a tool

Comment

I am gutted that the cobra signed with matchroom!!!

Warren would never let a prospect go that he built up like that ... he must have had reason!!

Comment

If Warren actually had got Kell Cotto, Bundrage or Jones, we'd have known about it by now. Cotto and Bundrage are both 154 pounders and Jones had his rematch to fight yet, so it's unlikely that any of those fights would've become a reality. Warren had his chance to offer Kell something other than a mediocre domestic level fight, the best he could come up with was Michael Jennings. No wonder Kell left him, I just don't understand why he chose the "Butlins outfit" that is Matchroom!

Comment

Warren is more even handed than most promoters out there, and I think this Hearn that runs match room is a dumbass.

I believe what Warren is saying because Kell Brook keeps on saying he wants to fight Pacquiao, without doing anything. And now he us fighting lovemore? That is a pathetic disgrace of a fight.

Kell Brook blew it, and no one will care about this fight. He should've fought jones.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                I dont see the point of Murray vs Mitchell, Mitchell needs a comeback fight, I think Frank is just using them for his own ends and thats underhand what he did with the Intercontintental belt.
                I agree with you. Mitchell's mother is on drug charges right now. After the Katsidis fight Mitchell needs a confidence builder fight to get back on track. Not taking on the likes of Murray while drug charges are hanging over the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  I agree with you. Mitchell's mother is on drug charges right now. After the Katsidis fight Mitchell needs a confidence builder fight to get back on track. Not taking on the likes of Murray while drug charges are hanging over the family.
                  Well if he beats Murray it certainly would be a confidence booster. If he trains properly for it he could win he certainly has the power to ko Murray.

Comment

Warren is right. Good thing that he didn't renew his contract. Kell and his father are delusional. "Bundrage? Why can't Kell fight Pacquiao instead?"

D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L.

I hope Kell gets sparked out cold.

And Eddie Hearn is an awful promoter. Promoters shouldn't interfere when two fighters talk trash about each other. The fighters are entitled to do that. But this Eddie guy is a total slimebag. He wants to be in the spotlight himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X