No announcement yet.

thinking of getting a credit card...advice welcomed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of getting a credit card...advice welcomed

sup guys so am already 24 years old and i think am mature enough to own a credit card. today i went to chase and they ttold me i qualified for the "Slate" chase credit card. it grabbed my attention really. 15 months no interests got me thinking hmmm...
    i have no credit and ive been with chase for the past 4 years (debit card) and they told me for being a good cust. i qualified for one.

b4 in the past i when i got offered credit car i would always denied them from the start just for the fact that my father would get me all paranoid about it etc. i mentioned it to him today and he seemed to be cool with it.

should i go for it?
    what good/bad experiences have you guys been involved with. i might stop by chase this week.

Just pay your bills and you will be fine. Its not free money so spend wisely. use it to build your credit...not destroy it. it takes a little time to build it...takes no time to ruin it!

Comment

No don't do it...

Use a debit card and spend only what you have..

Having a credit card isn't all bad, as it will build a credit history for you, but I would only put 100 or so on it each month and pay it off every month..

Use it as a credit history builder and not a financing tool

Comment

I would get one and use it for emergencies.

Comment

Get it man. Build up your credit so you can get a mortgage, eventually, or a business loan. Just be responsible, it's easy to blow money on it when you're out, but use it wisely and there is major benefits. I have great credit and its been a big help in my life for business loans etc.

Comment

Get the card...it will establish your credit. Only use it for what you can pay back in full every month...nothing else. That way you won't incur any interest costs. You can't rent a car or get a room in most hotels without it. And if you establish a good credit history it will be easier to qualify for a loan or mortgage. Also if you were traveling and say your car broke down and you had an big unexpected expense you will be glad you have it. Just be disciplined and don't use it for anything you can't pay for in full when the bill comes.
            Last edited by jaded; 12-29-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Don't let no broad anywhere near it lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
                sup guys so am already 24 years old and i think am mature enough to own a credit card. today i went to chase and they ttold me i qualified for the "Slate" chase credit card. it grabbed my attention really. 15 months no interests got me thinking hmmm...
                i have no credit and ive been with chase for the past 4 years (debit card) and they told me for being a good cust. i qualified for one.

b4 in the past i when i got offered credit car i would always denied them from the start just for the fact that my father would get me all paranoid about it etc. i mentioned it to him today and he seemed to be cool with it.

should i go for it?
                what good/bad experiences have you guys been involved with. i might stop by chase this week.
                Yea, you need one for future financial reason. You can get low interest mortgage or loan if you have good credit history. People who say you don't need a credit card fall in 2 categories: Person A got a lot of capital, their bank account is in the 6 figure and income is in $70,000 bracket (self made rich people, got a good paying job, or retired old people talk like it still the 70s or 80s when credit card wasn't widely used by 80% of the population) and Person B who just give advice but don't know anything about finance.

This is 2015, credit card is part of life. Also you should get the Chase Freedom credit card because it has reward points. Or try becoming an Amazon or BP credit card member to get the reward points.

I have 2 credit cards, I use both to pay my bills. 1 is used for grocery and gas. The other is for high ticket items to protect myself from lemons. For example if I buy a computer it breaks down in 6 months. So its passed the returned due date and probably out of warranty but because I used my credit card to buy it I have insurance for it.

Comment

Get it and use it carefully. Use it for small purchases like movie tickets and things, or emergencies. You can also use it for bigger ticket items like a holiday but if you do that make sure you saved the money first so you can pay it in full.

Credit cards are expensive if they are misused.

Comment

get one and don't be late on your monthly payments, simple as that and if you could pay the whole balance when you get your statement, do it

another thing don't ever let anyone use it no friends no family even if they swear on the Bible they'll give you the cash when you get the statement

keep the bitches away from it especially the pretty one's

getting the American Express is your goal, you won't need the other one's once you get it (well probably just one more)

good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X