Tony Thompson vs. Odlanier Solis RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz
    Good fight if it happens.

Wonder what shape/weight Odlanier will come in at.
    You should always assume that he's coming in looking like the Michelin man.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013
      Thompson may be slow, but he's crafty and very strong. He'll have quite a reach advantage, and he knows how to use it better than Ray Austin.
      He's also old. Tony's no Vitali. At 42, Thompson is going to have his hands way too full with Solis, who's relatively young (33), fast and skilled. That's not even considering the possibility that Odlanier may actually come into this fight in decent shape. Easy UD or even late stoppage for Solis. I'm willing to bet a couple of trillion on it.

Comment

Not a bad matchup...If Solis is in shape I think he can get in and out with his speed and tag Thompson at will...maybe drop him in the mid rounds, Tony will win rounds due to his wily experience and size advantages and play possum as usual but it will likely end a UD for Solis if he is in decent shape, focused, and also depending on how much Tony has aged since the Price fights and Pulev encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          He's also old. Tony's no Vitali. At 42, Thompson is going to have his hands way too full with Solis, who's relatively young (33), fast and skilled. That's not even considering the possibility that Odlanier may actually come into this fight in decent shape. Easy UD or even late stoppage for Solis. I'm willing to bet a couple of trillion on it.
          yea,,,TTs reflexes and stamina have really diminished over the last few years. solis shouldnt have too much a problem so long as he doesnt come in looking like a blimp

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
            Well im going by what they have actually shown in terms of the opposition they've faced and how they have handled it in the ring, and not their potential skill level i will stick with Perez over Solis because Solis is just a case of should have could have would have simply wasted talent. Right now Perez win over Mago > Every win Solis has, until he gets in there with quality opposition and shows he is dedicated enough to boxing to cut down to at least three big macs a day i cant be a fan.
            That's just not true. Look, Mago is a warrior, but legitimately speaking, he was a borderline top 30 HW at best (which is something to be proud of, how many people can say they're one of the 30 best in the world at what they do). Both Austin and Barrett were better at the time they were beaten by Solis than Mago.

Comment

Two of my favorite guys...Solis is one of my real favorites. People always ***** about his shape....well hes not too fat to help the ref lift his arm in virtually all his professional fights. He was injured in the Vitali fight and was actually hitting Vitali before his knee gave out.

Thompson is crafty....I think Solis takes it but Thompson will maximize his reach. Solis gets avoided easily because of the weight, like Toney, but he nas found a way every time.

Comment

Holy, he looks massive. and not in a good way.

Comment

Solis seems to be too fat, he sould look for K.O stoppage..

The Solis that faced Vitali would easily beat Thompson in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezelby View Post
                    Holy, he looks massive. and not in a good way.
                    Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                    Solis seems to be too fat, he sould look for K.O stoppage..

The Solis that faced Vitali would easily beat Thompson in my opinion.
                    What picture are you guys looking at? The one in the link shows Solis fully clothed. I can't tell if he's fat or not. Of course, it's a good bet...but still. lol

Comment

Gonna go with Solis.... only because i'm still banking on potential I think he has even though he looks like honey boo boo mom

Comment

Working...
                      X