Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: I’m Elite, Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ricky BURNS will get BURNED"

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
      Make it happen in Vegas. the least biased place you can fight. fight capital of the world.
      Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
      Coward? WTF are you talking about? Have you seen Burns? He's a HUGE lightweight. He gave up the WBO 130lbs belt when it became impossible for him to make weight any more. As a fan of boxing, can't you give a boxer, a world champion no less, the benefit of the doubt? Boxers, almost unanimously, are extremely brave. Burns is already on record as saying he wants a unification next. Looks like it's going to happen in March. So quit crying.
      if he's serious about fighting Broner, all is forgiven.

Comment

So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
        And as the star, he has more pressure on his back. Too many fans are expecting Burns to be a cakewalk, and some feel that Broner shouldn't even bother fighting him. Broner isn't the only fighter @LW, so it's not like Burns has a shortage of opponents. Sure, Broner is the only media-hyped fighter in that division, but he isn't the only good fighter.

Also, Bradley fought Witter in the UK and he fought Holt in Canada. It seems like once the networks get behind a fighter, said fighter develops this sense of entitlement where they think their opponent is the one who has to make concessions. It seems like even the fans are beginning to develop the same mentality. The mentality that says, "champions should only travel when they don't have a big fan-base in their own state/country." I remember when fans complained about Khan fighting in D.C., and then dissing him when he lost because the decision didn't go his way. I wish more fighters would take the same risk. Broner and Ward have to take that risk at some point, and the opportunities are staring at them.
        A lot of fighters do develop a sense of entitlement, but at the same time, why should Broner go to Scotland? He's the bigger name. He's got the WBC belt. It's not like Burns is huge in the UK, like Hatton was, and has sold out a 50,000 seater stadium or anything like that. Besides, Broner isn't from Vegas so if the fight was in Nevada it wouldn't be in either's "backyard". Basically, there's no reason for Broner to go to Scotland and face Burns other than to tick off a box about fighting abroad.

Comment

Broner-Mattyhsse

Comment

Broner beats burns but to say he will walk burns down early and KO him is ignorance. I hope the fights in the UK I will be there!

No one beats broner at 135 so I'll have to wait until 140 to see him lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
              "Burns will get burned." Clever.
              Not really. Doesn't take much to come up with that one.

Comment

Broner will TKO Burns in 6 rounds. I was spot on with 8 rounds in DeMarco. I knew DeMarco was a tough fighter and could take some punishment. I don't see Burns standing up to Broner for more than 6 rounds.

Comment

American fighters don't travel as often because they don't have to travel all that much in order to get the big fights. The foreign fighters travel here for their mega fights. Most all foreign fighters will tell you to make it big on the world stage in this sport, you have to come to America.

Comment

Las Vegas and Atlantic City are probably the two most neutral places you can fight. Boner traveling to Scotland would be like Burns traveling to Cincy, not going to happen. Broner beat the #1 guy in the divison, Broner brings in the HBO money, both have titles.

Comment

Broner will get charged with muder if he fights burns. This fight won't go pass 4rds burns should stick to fighting euro bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X