No announcement yet.

See Prometheus yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Saw it today .... I think the pace was too rapid.
    Very little character development and very little substantive answers to the questions raised within the movie.

Overall: It was entertaining, but I would hope an extended version gets released, because it is obvious that a lot was left on the cutting room floor.

7 out of 10 Maybe!!!!
    I can dig that ... It does have its issues. Didn't stop me enjoying it.

Spoilers on mouse over ...

I actually forgot during the movie that they were on a different planet than the one in the first two films. I had thought they were doing an interesting job of setting up the first movie.

What did people think of the end scene?

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      I can dig that ... It does have its issues. Didn't stop me enjoying it.

Spoilers on mouse over ...
      Spoilers in white ....

I actually forgot that the aliens represented in Prometheus, were the same ones in the rest of the series -- They look and move totally different.

Also, the technology on the ship surpassed by centuries what was displayed on the Nostromo ship in the first Alien movie ... how can a prequel's technology surpass the original??

Another oddity, if the engineers carved out the pyramid to develop bio-weapons and house their ships .... why would they build monuments to themselves?

Also, the android seemed much more advanced than the bishop in the rest of the series ... but how can that be, if David precedes Bishop.

Another oddity, David infected the Doctor .... aren't they supposed to value human life above all else. David had and exercised his own agenda throughout the movie and also, demonstrated emotional traits.

The ending was abrupt, and strange ... why not autopilot the ship and let all the crew bail? It seems that the suicide effort by the remaining crew was to ensure there would be only the two survivors .... of which Vicker's was too stupid to run laterally, she instead continued to run underneath a narrow crashing spaceship .... strange survival skills to say the least.

And the ending did setup a Prometheus II ..... tooooo many unanswered questions.

Where did the engineers come from and why did they want to destroy humanity????
      Where did the aliens in the canisters come from and why were they different from the original alien????

Great movie none the less .........
      Last edited by arraamis; 06-07-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Wasn't bad.

Better than Hancock.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Spoilers in white

Some thoughts in white ...

*Well the engineers were only represented in the first movie by the corpse in the chair in the derelict ship.

As for the xenomorph monster, I guess that beast at the end was supposed to be the very first form of the famous creature? But then again ... wasn't there a statue or a mural of something that resembled it inside the engineers' ship? Hmmm

*I didn't really see David as more advanced than Bishop. I think he seemed a lot more willing to think outside his own box and was self-minded, but wasn't a feature of the later androids that they were intentionally restricted after some of the earlier models went a bit haywire. Bishop says as much in the second film, when Ash from 'Alien' gets brought up.

Also, Ash was programmed to capture the alien in the first movie, all crew expendable. So it's conceivable, in my opinion, to imagine that if David was instructed to discover the extent of the engineer's bioweapons and what they could do for his master, he would invesitagate that to its fullest, even if it put the crew in danger.

* Agree about the ending. Didn't really work in terms of the crew suddenly becoming martyrs. We didn't buy it, I guess.
          Last edited by starjammer; 06-07-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
            Wasn't bad.

Better than Hancock.
            Oh I hate that movie. That's on par with Black Sheep as movies I would loved to have walked out on. Unfortunately, when you have company and all ...

Comment

Oh I hate that movie. That's on par with Black Sheep as movies I would loved to have walked out on. Unfortunately, when you have company and all ...
              I never take company to the cinema. Especially girls.

Always wanting to cuddle and have sex afterwards. Can't be doing with that shit at my time of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                I never take company to the cinema. Especially girls.

Always wanting to cuddle and have sex afterwards. Can't be doing with that shit at my time of life.
                Thank you for using that colour code trick to break the profanity filter. Six years here and I've never witnessed. I can say goodbye to my old friends, the '***' family.

Comment

Thank you for using that colour code trick to break the profanity filter. Six years here and I've never witnessed. I can say goodbye to my old friends, the '***' family.
                  Say **** off to the ****.

Comment

Solid movie, it left a lot of questions unanswered for a reason, and that reason being that the sequel will answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                      Solid movie, it left a lot of questions unanswered for a reason, and that reason being that the sequel will answer them.
                      Hopefully Damon Lindelof doesn't write it. I've heard through some circles that Lindelof butchered and simplified the shit out of Jon Spaihts original script. I still loved the shit outta the film though. That self surgery scene was fucking intense (highlight for spoilers).

Comment

Working...
                      X