Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have done a complete 180 on a Martinez-Chavez showdown.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Maybe the first Williams fight because Sergio wasn't fully prepared. And both of those guys are clearly infinitely better than Chavez. A smart boxer with a good defence and a consistent jab can beat Sergio. Not some unskilled, come forward figher with no defence.

I dont know how last night's fight lead you to believe more in Chavez?
    Not sure if that version of Pavlik is infinitely better than Chavez.

Last night didn't lead me believe more in Chavez. JCC last few fights lead me to believe more in Chavez. The only thing I question about Chavez is his lack of power.

What last night did lead me to believe is less of Martinez. Not more in Chavez.

Comment

Chavez Jr has poor defense, his best punches are hooks, and he tends to give up his height in favor of brawling. He's a dream matchup for Martinez's counter punching and as things stand now, he would lose in very one-sided fashion to Martinez. His team will do everything they can to avoid the man now, because they know this. Maybe when Martinez shows more obvious slippage in a couple of years they'll give it a try.

Comment

The only area Sergio has in his favor is experience.

JR is bigger, stronger, faster, and better-skilled.

The fact that Sergio has built his pathetic career fighting one Wal-Mart greeter after another will actually be to his disadvantage when he fights professional world-class fighters.

Comment

Mushy Deen, did you really just knock Martinezs resume while making a case for you boyfriend (Chavez Jr). Really? Really?

Comment

I for 1 always thought that Chavez was better than he has been given credit for. He's huge & has great stamina. I honestly believe that he would give Martinez a hellova fight & have about a 40% chance of winning. The problem there is that Chavez's team seems to think diffenently than I, because they have blatantly ducked him for some time now.

Comment

Despite Chavez only having 9 years experience, and still early in developing his game, I would favor him to pummel Martinez.

Comment

I'd be intrigued.

Comment

Let's hope Arum/Sulaiman/Jr/Sr all feel the same so we can get the fight this year. Talks are supposedly starting, but I just don't trust TR. I want to see them both in the ring, then I'll believe it.

Comment

Chavez better say away from martinez if he doesnt want to get his ass kick

Comment

Chavez would get annihilated within 3 rounds.

Horrible style match up for Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X