Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz tried to head butt floyd all night.did they work on that in training camp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid was doing calf raises right underneath Mayweather's chin from Round one. It was pathetic.

Comment

My thoughts also. He was doing it thru out the fight. Probably a planned strategy to counter act May's elbows. With the last one, he was getting excited because he thought he hurt Mayweather and was putting the pressure really hard and that pressure and his excitement rolled right over onto his head butt. Sad really as the fight was just getting interesting.

Comment

He didn't throw a headbutt until... u know, when he did... That leaning his head into Floyd's face is perfectly legal, and Ortiz has been doing that for years.

Its the exact equivalent to Floyd's elbow/forearm "block" that he does

Comment

Ortiz learned something from Berto afterall. If you can't beat them, headbutt them!

Good thing is, Floyd obviously saw that fight and responded accordingly to the headbutting tactic employed by Ortiz, to try to cut him so bad he'd have to give the fight away.

It's annoying to see some recent good fights break up like this.

Comment

The headbutts didn't start till the 4th round. The way I see it , it was their check-counter to Floyd's elbows.

Ortiz like a fool did it one too many times in a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              Was it apart of the game plan..every time he got him on the ropes he threw a headbutt,this had to be apart of the game plan.he deliberately did it over and over again
              That was the gameplan.Danny Garcia wanted Floyd to lower his elbow so Ortiz could head butt him.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                The headbutts didn't start till the 4th round. The way I see it , it was their check-counter to Floyd's elbows.

Headbutts started in the 2nd round or possibly 1st round.Watch the fight again,everytime Ortiz came in contact with Mayweather,he would rub his head against Floyd,that's a process which induces cuts using the hair and causes swelling as well.Keep doing that by the 7th round the results will show

Comment

Props to Floyd for not complaining to the ref when Ortiz started butting him early in the fight. Probably because he sees the inside game as time to get dirty but props nonetheless.

Ortiz was doing surprisingly well making Floyd miss and could've made something out of it later in the fight had he kept his head on right. I disagree with those who deny Floyd having any troubles with Victor because Vic was doing many things right; he landed several body shots, he went over Floyd's shoulder to score with his right hand, and he pinned him against the ropes multiple times.

I honestly would not mind a rematch if the PAC fight isn't signed. As far as viable opponents for Floyd go, he's fourth behind PAC, Sergio, and Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post

look at this idiot

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
                      Props to Floyd for not complaining to the ref when Ortiz started butting him early in the fight. Probably because he sees the inside game as time to get dirty but props nonetheless.

Ortiz was doing surprisingly well making Floyd miss and could've made something out of it later in the fight had he kept his head on right. I disagree with those who deny Floyd having any troubles with Victor because Vic was doing many things right; he landed several body shots, he went over Floyd's shoulder to score with his right hand, and he pinned him against the ropes multiple times.

I honestly would not mind a rematch if the PAC fight isn't signed. As far as viable opponents for Floyd go, he's fourth behind PAC, Sergio, and Khan.
                      floyd stops vic in 5 or 6 if theres a rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X