Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juanma's stock just went way up in my book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree I think his stock went up. I think this is going to make him better. And, he answered a lot of question I had of him. Great fight. FOTY candidate and he won. I still want to see him fight Caballero next though.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Styles man. Juanma never went up against anyone that can take his power. Mtagawa might not be a great fighter, but he's tough to hurt, and he brings pressure.

Lopez never fought anyone like that, and he got a rude awakening. Ignore the guys record and just look at his style.
      Yeah and Juamnma had problems adjusting. I am not look at the record I am looking and this Roger guy skills. Yes his chin is good but Juanma could have easily out box him if he was smarter. He made so many mistakes in this fight that led me to think his mind was not a 100% on this fight.
      Last edited by Animalistic 5.0; 10-10-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 5.0 View Post
        Yeah and Juamnma had problems adjusting. I am not look at the record I am looking and this Roger guys skills. Yes his chin is good but Juanma could have easily out box him if he was smarter. He made so many mistakes in this fight that led me to think his mind was not a 100% on this fight.
        Exactly. And thats what means that there is room for improvment. If he was just getting beat, I'd be concerned. He just made mistakes that an inexperienced kid would make. As long as he isn't bull headed about it, he'll be fine.

Comment

Showed tremendous chin and heart, but needs to improve his defense and sticking to the gameplan. He would slug when boxing was clearly winning him the fight. He also got caught clean way too much from those loopy wide punches from Mtagwa.

Comment

Honestly, I liked the fact that Juanma clinches, and has more heart than most fighters, but his defense is horrible, and he can not avoid right hands, even slow telegraphed rights. Offense without defense will get him KOed. Lucky this wasn't one of the old school 15 rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Showed tremendous chin and heart, but needs to improve his defense and sticking to the gameplan. He would slug when boxing was clearly winning him the fight. He also got caught clean way too much from those loopy wide punches from Mtagwa.
              but you for got to add this part he has no class as a fighter calling Mtagwa a bum and had no right to be in the ring with him

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Honestly, I liked the fact that Juanma clinches, and has more heart than most fighters, but his defense is horrible, and he can not avoid right hands, even slow telegraphed rights. Offense without defense will get him KOed. Lucky this wasn't one of the old school 15 rounders.
                That is my biggest concern after this fight. He is going to have to put lots work on that.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
                  but you for got to add this part he has no class as a fighter calling Mtagwa a bum and had no right to be in the ring with him
                  you most be another internet bad kid with no knowledge in boxing. all juanma said is that fighting people with no name can be more dangerous than fighting a person who has a name to defend and will be more cautious as that was the issue tonight.

jaunmas defense+guy with no fear going foward all the time with a good chin/punch = unnecesarry danger... if you hate juanma for this check this mayweaher interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHGG8Q-0hg

Comment

Originally posted by r!ze View Post
                    you most be another internet bad kid with no knowledge in boxing. all juanma said is that fighting people with no name can be more dangerous than fighting a person who has a name to defend and will be more cautious as that was the issue tonight.

jaunmas defense+guy with no fear going foward all the time with a good chin/punch = unnecesarry danger... if you hate juanma for this check this mayweaher interview

lol no knowledge in boxing let me see iam Marine iam still active i have train in all types of combat with alot of great fighter in the Marine core. you f**ken with the worng guy kid and i know what Lopez said the guy has no class i bet your boy wont give Mtagwa a remacth
                    Last edited by solo20; 10-11-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r!ze View Post

props to juanma lopez. the last 2 rounds almost gave me a heart attack.

Comment

Working...
                      X