Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Brook take 8 months away from boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graz View Post
    The point is that certainly the fracture would be "healed" physiologically in less than 6 months. Using your analogy of a broken leg, would it be prudent or wise to hit that same leg with a baseball bat 8 weeks after the fracture took place? Even in a perfect world assuming the fracture was completely aligned and healed perfectly I wouldn't want a Golovkin or anyone close to his power hitting me in that eye for at least 6 months. Just an estimate, could be a little more or less depending on patient variability but it's a safe estimate.
    You're skewing the analogy; eight weeks from the injury would have Kell Brook facing live fire this weekend, a notion that no one is talking about.

Not sure why you would hit a leg with a baseball bat (healthy or broken, a bat to the leg does damage regardless), but if you were hitting your leg with a bat before you got injured, I'm fairly certain that the leg is going to be good as it'll be within 4 months of the injury, let alone 6 months.

I'm not a medical person, but I doubt that it takes an eye socket even 8 weeks to heal. For a person who's been getting punched in the face beforehand, I don't see things with the eye being any better 8 months after the fact than they were 4 months after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      he'd have to do pretty ****ing good to do better than ggg, seen as ggg wobbled him in round 1, outlanded him in every single round, fractured his eye socket, and beat him up so bad that the trainer threw the towel in in round 5 when brook stopped throwing punches back...
      Golovkin didn't outland him in the first three. I went through the fight when i made gifs and Brook easily outlanded him in the first three rounds. Everyone saw that Brook was the more skilled fighter in that fight. Keep kidding yourself that Golovkin is some master boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Is fighting Errol Spence Jr in February too soon, though? .
        I'm saying Brook fighting anyone within a less than reasonable recovery period is for sure a bad decision.

The debatable thing is how long is a reasonable recovery period. I've seen it suggested one shouldn't be taking punches to the injured area within 6 months of surgery like this so that would seem to indicate to me he shouldn't even be doing serious training for any fight til March. So he shouldn't even be fighting til sometime in April with a 4-6 week training camp by that logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

Not sure why you would hit a leg with a baseball bat (healthy or broken, a bat to the leg does damage regardless), but if you were hitting your leg with a bat before you got injured, I'm fairly certain that the leg is going to be good as it'll be within 4 months of the injury, let alone 6 months.

I'm not a medical person, but I doubt that it takes an eye socket even 8 weeks to heal. For a person who's been getting punched in the face beforehand, I don't see things with the eye being any better 8 months after the fact than they were 4 months after the fact.
          As you say you're not a medical person. Well I am and I'm just saying it would be safer for him and his career if he waited a little while longer. You suggested the analogy of a broken leg healing time to Brooks eye socket fracture healing time. I simply stated that if you had a broken leg you wouldn't want anyone hitting that leg with a bat 8 weeks after the injury. I was using this is as an analogy to someone getting hit by a left hook in a previously injured eye by a professional fighter. It would be prudent if he waited at least 6 months after that type of injury. Can he go back sooner? Sure he can but it's not worth the risk.

Comment

He should retire and live a modest life.

Comment

Just watch his interviews. The guy still has a a bit of a swollen eye and it still bothers him.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Golovkin didn't outland him in the first three. I went through the fight when i made gifs and Brook easily outlanded him in the first three rounds. Everyone saw that Brook was the more skilled fighter in that fight. Keep kidding yourself that Golovkin is some master boxer.
                suggest you check compubox stats mate

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  suggest you check compubox stats mate
                  You do know how compubox works don't you?

Comment

Working...
                  X