Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say he does have punching power.

Style wise, I'd say hes more of a boxer puncher

Comment

Why do you say he goes into the ring weighing 180 pounds? That's total bullsh8t. There is no record of him ever weighing more than 172 pounds on fight night and that's what other big 154 pounders like Trout and Lara weigh on fight night. You must be very ignorant about boxing and the human body if you truly believe a boxer could weigh in at 155 and come into the ring 30 hours later 25 pounds heavier at 180 pounds. No boxer could do that and no boxer would want to. Such a huge weight gain if possible would do the boxer no good but it would do them much harm. If Canelo put on 25 pounds in one day he would be bloated and waterlogged with a big belly instead of the tight trim fighter that entered the ring. It's clear you hate Canelo and will say anything to make him look bad. No boxer in the history of the sport has ever put on more than 20 pounds between the weigh in and the fight but you have Canelo gaining an impossible 25 pounds. Get real.

Comment

He's heavy handed. He doesn't get as much KO's as he could because he doesn't throw enough not because he lacks power, imo. I don't think he has one punch KO power against middleweights tho... but he still hits hard. He wasn't able to stop Cotto, but only Pacquiao and Margarito were able to pull that off. You know what they both do? Throw a lot of punches. Canelo doesn't have the stamina to pull that off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
          He's heavy handed. He doesn't get as much KO's as he could because he doesn't throw enough not because he lacks power, imo. I don't think he has one punch KO power against middleweights tho... but he still hits hard. He wasn't able to stop Cotto, but only Pacquiao and Margarito were able to pull that off. You know what they both do? Throw a lot of punches. Canelo doesn't have the stamina to pull that off.
          Feather fisted Mayweather had Cotto on shaky legs more than once in their fight yet Canelo, who weighs more than 20 pounds more than Mayweather, couldn't even do that, or at least drop him.

And to the guy that said Canelo has a solid chin, again, there's no proof of that. Mayweather almost dropped him in the ninth, a feather fisted Mayweather mind you.

Canelo just hasn't faced anyone willing to test that chin out throughout 12 rounds. Kirkland tried, and wobbled him a few times, but the fight ended early. If he survives GGG without getting dropped, I'll post a retraction and apologise, until then, I say there's no proof he has a solid chin or KO power, especially when he fights smaller guys consistently.

Comment

He's a good puncher.

Not a one punch KO guy, but he's heavy handed, he's very accurate and he's very physically strong.

Comment

Working...
            X