Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the buzz for boxing on CBS in the US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the buzz for boxing on CBS in the US?

I imagine it isn't great. Pretty cheap card that acts purely as an undercard for a horrible Khan fight. Boxing promoters have lost the plot.

There isn't much buzz to speak of. I haven't seen any advertisements or promo spots and only know CBS is airing fights today because I follow the sport closely. The fight card does have NCAA Basketball as a lead-in, which will help some, no doubt.

Comment

I've been told they advertised during NFL matches but I don't know how strong it was. Was told right now CBS just plugged an ad for boxing up for a 30 min lead in.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
        I've been told they advertised during NFL matches but I don't know how strong it was. Was told right now CBS just plugged an ad for boxing up for a 30 min lead in.
        Oh, really? Well that's huge then.

I just turned to CBS about 15 minutes ago and so far haven't seen or heard anything regarding the card yet.

Comment

Non-existent. Only known, barely, among hardcore fans. Cheap cards that nobody cares about.

Comment

The basketball game is headed to overtime, great.

Comment

0 Buzz.......

I'm excited for it because I followed a lot of those Olympians careers for awhile, guys like Marcus Browne and Erroll Spence Jr and I Like Leo Santa Cruz as well

Kinda confused though, which fights will be shown on CBS is still unclear, I know Santa Cruz and Joseph Diaz Jr for sure but not sure if it will be any other fights
              Last edited by sicko; 12-15-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

its quite sad, De La Hoya once appeared on CBS.

I have not seen a single promo for this at all. I barely just found out. I credit UFC for actually knowing how to market undercards on primetime tv. They show there undercards on FX and crap. (FYI I Hate UFC but there marketing is on point).

NBC Fight Night is barely advertised too.

Comment

I'm expecting the boxing is dead crowd to jump all over this. Oscar should be punched in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                    I'm expecting the boxing is dead crowd to jump all over this. Oscar should be punched in the face.
                    Horrible shtty way of promoting.

Big Networks like this is gold for the revival of boxing as a top 3 sport in the United States. A chance like this and you should put a huge fight on. Not some ****ty cards.

PPV is good and all, but the most assured way of dominating a sport in a country is still putting it on a major network like ABC, NBC, CBS, ETC.

Even if you put say Ward vs Dawson on ABC. that will still attract at least Hockey Playoff numbers (5 million+).

PPV is horrible for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X