Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Corrie Sanders beating Wlad really an upset? Rematch right away. What happens?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Corrie Sanders beating Wlad really an upset? Rematch right away. What happens?

I keep hearing how Wladimir lost 3 times via upsets. I disagree. He lost twice via upsets. To Purrity and Brewster.

Corrie Sanders was not really an upset. The easiest way to determine this will be :

Ask yourself this. Will you bet on Wladimir if they re matched immediately. Like within 3 months? I won't. Young Wlad had way too many weaknesses that could be exploited by a lot of big punchers, and especially one of southpaw aggressiveness like Sanders.

Lennox re matched Rahman right away and knocked him out. That was an upset.
    If Douglas had to rematch Tyson within 3 months-6 months, most people will still bet on Tyson. That is an upset.

I honestly don't think Sanders cost an 'upset'. It was more like Wlad got exposed.

I mean think about it. You put Young Wlad in place of Vitali vs Sanders? Young Wlad would have been knocked out again within 1-2 rounds.
    Sanders will still beat Wlad
    80.00%
    Young Wlad would have adjusted.
    20.00%

not embarrassing to get sparked by Sanders
    the guy was as powerful as anybody
    it was just surprising because he was a journeyman and Wlad was #1
    had they rematched right away the same thing woulda happened
    Wlad didn't seem to know how to hold or defend back then

Comment

Those losses ultimately helped Wlad because before he was beatable. Current version is unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenlicht View Post
        Those losses ultimately helped Wlad because before he was beatable. Current version is unbeatable.
        until he makes the same mistake of fighting someone fairly decent and his size again. Which to be fair, a champion should be doing at least every other fight if not more.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko is not unbeatable, far from it.

You'll see that when David Price sparks him within the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenlicht View Post
            It's weird though in that Wlad is the only HW ATG that honestly can't avenge a loss to a inferior boxer during his youth/prime. Tyson COULD have beaten Douglas in a rematch, Lewis DID beat Mccall and Rahman. Wladimir actually CAN'T beat Sanders in a rematch.

Comment

Sanders ALWAYS beats Wladimir

Comment

This was before Wlad started to cheat by holding every 10 secs. If the rules were enforced he wouldn't be the dominating fighter he appears to be.

Comment

Working...
                X