No announcement yet.

Arum Trying To Force Cotto To Accept A Catchweight Or Go H2H

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    That's why I think its a move to bully Cotto into a fight. The issue with that though is that Cotto chose GBP to headline his 12/1 fight at the Garden. I don't know if he has the ability to withdraw or not.

But Pac/Bradley would get run over by Cotto/Canelo so that can't be a possibillity right now.

Marquez/Pac would put up a better fight but its bad for business. You splitting up PPV buys between Canelo and Marquez fans. Unless he really wants to spite Cotto and GBP I can't see that happening either.

It's not like 9/15 where you have a PPV vs. a Premium Cable. This would be 2 PPV's going head to head.
    Miguel is a smart guy. I think he's capable of seeing through their bluff.

He best hope Saul is ready to fight him in December.

Comment

this is a big circus

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        That is what the whole moving to Manny fight to Dec 1st is all about. The problem is this is going to anger Cotto to the point he will take on the cahllenge of a H2H fight of the 2nd and 3rd biggest draws in boxing. At the end Mannys numbers will take a bigger hit.
        Going to anger Cotto? Cotto is likely being offered tons of money for the fight. Probably more than what he got from the Mayweather fight. Why would it anger him? Remember that Cotto was begging for a Pac rematch a year ago. Beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          That's why I think its a move to bully Cotto into a fight. The issue with that though is that Cotto chose GBP to headline his 12/1 fight at the Garden. I don't know if he has the ability to withdraw or not.

But Pac/Bradley would get run over by Cotto/Canelo so that can't be a possibillity right now.

Marquez/Pac would put up a better fight but its bad for business. You splitting up PPV buys between Canelo and Marquez fans. Unless he really wants to spite Cotto and GBP I can't see that happening either.

It's not like 9/15 where you have a PPV vs. a Premium Cable. This would be 2 PPV's going head to head.
          There is nothing saying that Cotto is promoting with Golden Boy. This guy has his own promotion (not just his name) an actual company. He at a minimum has the credit to hold that date, especially if no other event was scheduled. Arum might be trying to bully Cotto, but Cotto isn't under contract to that old **** either and he can be using his date against Canelo against Arum. At worst it will cut Manny's PPV numbers by 50%, unless he's fighting Mayweather I personally think it will outsell whoever Manny fights. It could be for a few reason not just weight but maybe Cotto wants 10oz gloves and not 8oz. That was another sticking point the last time they went to the table... Cotto just as much pull as Bob does.

They'll make Pac/Cotto II regardless I think, as Cotto said money talks and really it's a win-win for Arum. If Manny wins he has his star with another huge payday and avoid a fight with Mayweather for a Bradley rematch. Or... Manny loses and we get Pac/Cotto III.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            There is nothing saying that Cotto is promoting with Golden Boy. This guy has his own promotion (not just his name) an actual company. He at a minimum has the credit to hold that date, especially if no other event was scheduled. Arum might be trying to bully Cotto, but Cotto isn't under contract to that old **** either and he can be using his date against Canelo against Arum. At worst it will cut Manny's PPV numbers by 50%, unless he's fighting Mayweather I personally think it will outsell whoever Manny fights. It could be for a few reason not just weight but maybe Cotto wants 10oz gloves and not 8oz. That was another sticking point the last time they went to the table... Cotto just as much pull as Bob does.

They'll make Pac/Cotto II regardless I think, as Cotto said money talks and really it's a win-win for Arum. If Manny wins he has his star with another huge payday and avoid a fight with Mayweather for a Bradley rematch. Or... Manny loses and we get Pac/Cotto III.
            The thing is Cotto already declined the catchweight stipulation last time and if Cotto got his 10oz gloves against Mayweather than he sure will want those against Pacquiao. Cotto also can fight Canelo, Martinez and even Mayweather again so he has more options than Pacquiao because he promotes himself.

Bob should know this ain't 2009 so there is no way he can bully Cotto in top this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
              Going to anger Cotto? Cotto is likely being offered tons of money for the fight. Probably more than what he got from the Mayweather fight. Why would it anger him? Remember that Cotto was begging for a Pac rematch a year ago. Beggars can't be choosers.
              Cotto was begging for a Pacquiao rematch? Last I checked Pacquiao and Mayweather were on a bidding war for Cotto early this year and Pacquiao lost it because he refused to fight Cotto over 147 pounds. Pacquiao at this point needs Cotto more than Cotto needs him.

Comment

If Cotto can't get this fight at 152 then co-promote with GB. Give us what we want! Cinnamons head on a plate!!!

Comment

Cotto stans on catchweights

Vs Pac: Damn catchweight waaaa waaaa waaaa

Vs Margarito: 150 is a fair weight. War Catchweight Cotto!!!!

vs Pac at 150 cw: ***** move!!

You're pathetic ass motherfuckers!!!!

Cotto tried to make a fight at 150 vs Margarito. I hate cw fights but if you truly hate em, you should hate them all even if your favorite boxer does the bitch move.

Before you question me here goes.........

Canelo BITCH MOVE for having cw fights at 150.

Oscar BITCH MOVE vs the midget killer Hopkins at 156.

Comment

Originally posted by animalisticmeth View Post
                    cotto was begging for a pacquiao rematch? Last i checked pacquiao and mayweather were on a bidding war for cotto early this year and pacquiao lost it because he refused to fight cotto over 147 pounds. pacquiao at this point needs cotto more than cotto needs him.
                    lmfao!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                      Cotto-Canelo shlts on anything Pacquiao has lined up with the exception of a Mayweather showdown obviously...

Comment

Working...
                      X