Collapse
No announcement yet.

This could be the upset of the year...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could be the upset of the year...

It seems Lamont Peterson will not face Garcia after all, he has to fight at the end of the year his mandatory challenger, the infamous argentine boxer Jesus Cesar Cuenca...Don't trust his record, Cuenca is a very skilled boxer, he can outbox anyone at 140 just like Algieri. I know it might sound funny but believe me, in November/December Cuenca will shock the world...

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
    It seems Lamont Peterson will not face Garcia after all, he has to fight at the end of the year his mandatory challenger, the infamous argentine boxer Jesus Cesar Cuenca...Don't trust his record, Cuenca is a very skilled boxer, he can outbox anyone at 140 just like Algieri. I know it might sound funny but believe me, in November/December Cuenca will shock the world...

WTF... Seriously... WTF.... the whole point of the August 9th card was to set up a unification fight... mandatory fights?

Unification trumps mandatory... That's why Hopkins is fighting Kovalev instead of Mojamedi.... this is B.S.

Remember how bad it was when Marquez was supposedly fighting Cuenca in Mexico? This would be on Showtime.

Looks like they're rounding out Nov. 15th....SMDH

Comment

You talking about Cuena with 2 KO's in 47 fights? Malignaggi's Argentine cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
        You talking about Cuena with 2 KO's in 47 fights? Malignaggi's Argentine cousin?
        lol, the same one, Cesar Jesús "el distinto" Cuenca... i would call him "the merciful" Cuenca...

Comment

It wouldn't be an upset. Cuenca's the GOAT.

Comment

Honestly, I'm cool with Herrera-Peterson right now if Danny is ducksaucing him or is going to go up to 47.

Comment

I wouldn't consider it an upset, not like Peterson is that good of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post

Cuenca could very well beat Peterson but this right here made me laugh

I'm looking forward to finally seeing Cuenca.
                Last edited by BOXEO _; 09-08-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Cuenca I'm sure would step aside for Peterson to fight a unification bout against Garcia and continue his reign of terror undefeated.

I'm actually curious to see him on the big stage

Comment

Thanks again Al Haymon

This is so typical of the Haymon regime at this point, damn typical, we should just call it tradition now! Peterson deserves the Garcia fight at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X