Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Floyd be a ppv fighter if he had multiple losses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Floyd be a ppv fighter if he had multiple losses?

I bring this up because it's my stance that his drawing power consists of him having an undefeated record. It's his air of invincibility that has the fans intrigued and as a result they tune in by the masses whenever he's facing an opponent who seems to have a shot at dethroning him. Now whenever I bring this up his fan boys reply with something along the lines of "they tune in because he's the best fighter in the world" which he very well may be. I just don't think it's his fighting style or entertainment value that their tuning in for.

So my question is..... If Floyd had say.... 3,4,or 5 losses on his record would he even be a ppv fighter?
    Yes
    11.76%
    No
    88.24%

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    I bring this up because it's my stance that his drawing power consists of him having an undefeated record. It's his air of invincibility that has the fans intrigued and as a result they tune in by the masses whenever he's facing an opponent who seems to have a shot at dethroning him. Now whenever I bring this up his fan boys reply with something along the lines of "they tune in because he's the best fighter in the world" which he very well may be. I just don't think it's his fighting style or entertainment value that their tuning in for.

So my question is..... If Floyd had say.... 3,4,or 5 losses on his record would he even be a ppv fighter?
    Honestly who knows? He got that 0 so ......

Comment

No obviously not.

His marketability is based entirely around the fact that he's undefeated and has an aura of invincibility.

Once he loses it's gone.

A large portion of people tuning in are tuning in to see if/hope he loses or finally get's humbled.

Comment

It's hard to say but that 0 sure as hell helps a lot

Comment

At this point in his career, yes... He can have 5-6 losses and still have a fan base like Manny... The 0 is the cherry on top, it is what made him the highest paid athlete... But without it, he's still a superstar...

Comment

No because his fights are not exciting.

Comment

No.

Defensive fighters are generally hard to sell. They sell when they are pitted against aggressive, rampaging KO artists. Fans, of course, root for the aggressor and want to see the guy who refuses to engage in the ring gone for good.

Comment

Floyd isn't a fighter with multiple losses, and has been the game for almost two decades, so hypotheticals are irrelevant. Floyd worked hard to achieve a goal, and he has reached it. Sometimes I wonder if guys like you are have a kids, and what the hell teaching them?

Comment

No. He's convinced the general public that being undefeated means something. His marketability is directly tied to his record. He knows this. That's why he's not willing to face a fighter who might beat him.

Comment

That would depend on when the losses happened. If they were at the beginning of his career i don't think it would make much difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X