Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Filipinos Don't Support 'No Pay-Per-View' Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*** u arum and F*** your whole god damn scheme u prick..donaire will get hes PPV's in time he has not even reached hes prime yet u moron and still building up hes resume i hope manny dont sign ever again or anyother TR fighter withthis prick..

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      That doesn't make sense to me.Why wouldn't Filipinio's support a young,prime fighter who's climbing up the ladder of elite fighters without having to pay 50 bucks a pop.I don't believe that for a second.Donaire is smashing world class fighters right now,something his countryman can't claim in at least his last 2 fights.
      Sorry, but you're beginning to sound like Manny's ex-boyfriend in all your posts.

Comment

• its sad but its true. Its been around the news around the Philippines and the hate on donaire was increasing not because of him but because of his wife. Plus the media inputs.

Comment

• Originally posted by sNiTcH View Post
          its sad but its true. Its been around the news around the Philippines and the hate on donaire was increasing not because of him but because of his wife. Plus the media inputs.
          since when has been cool to hate a dude because of his wife?? **** boggles my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            since when has been cool to hate a dude because of his wife?? **** boggles my mind.
            If you will see the philippine news and if you are living in the philippines, you can relate

im just saying. im not hating that dude. he's one of my favorite

Comment

• Lol, man how easy Arum can flip on u when u leave his stable...

However, it may be true. I recall reading some comments where a couple of Filipino's were saying. But than in another comment section, some Filipino's said just the opposite...

I think it falls along the lines of "If u watch boxing, u like Donaire" vs "If u just like Pacquiao, the Montiel fight was probably the first time u heard of Donaire"

Comment

• You never know the value of what you have until you lose it.

Arum lost Donaire to Golden Boy because he took Donaire (almost) for granted. Fans recall the the many times they were frustrated when Bob failed to give Donaire (and the fans) the fights he deserved. You'll know the real value of what you have only when you lose it.

Comment

• Originally posted by o_mega05 View Post
                  There is some truth to what Arum is saying. I was at the fight and it was about 4:1 Latinos over Filipinos in the crowd of 4500+. They were practically giving ringside seats away.

That being said, I'm Filipino and a big fan of Donaire's for a few years now, only because I love the sport of boxing. Many Filipinos got into the sport only because of Pacquiao and his celebrity status, so if it ain't Pacquiao...they aren't watching it.
                  I think that may have been what Arum was referring to, but I see in this thread that Nonito has many Filipino fan's.

Pinoys should be real proud of that dude, he is a superb fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by gopi11 View Post
                    He has dual citizenship, and he speaks English, Tagalog and Visaya fluently. He's more like 70% Pinoy and 30% American only because he resides and earns his keep here in the US.

Looks like Bob Arum has no case on Donaire's jumping ship at this point of his career, and it must be a bitter pill to swallow for him, just like the feeling of a hustler being hustled.

And Bob, I'm Pinoy and I bought a couple of your Pinoy Power PPVs because of Donaire...
                    Good post.

Comment

• Arum is straight up like a scorned female. Dude is too old for this kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X