No announcement yet.

For Those Who Voted For "12 Round Schooling" In PWILL/GoldenBoy360'S POLL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    I voted "12 Round Schooling", but KO's can equally be impressive such as when the fighter is moving up in weight and ko's THE undisputed champ in 2 rounds.

But thats not what this thread is about. If you voted "12 round schooling, then you are most likely of the opinion that a win by skill, will, intelligence is much more impressive than just brute strength, force and power. I also share that opinion. To me, a fighter who uses his boxing ability to outsmart and outbox his opponent even if it's through 12 rounds is more impressive than someone just going in there and throwing, throwin, throwing until a KO's is reached.

So, as someone who shares this opinion, I've always felt that there should be a rubber match between Williams and Quintana.

Each fighter pretty much schooled each other in the best way they can. Quintana made Paul look like a novice amateur for 12 whole rounds and Williams knocked the ***** out of Quintana in ONE round.

Now this question is for those who chose "12 round schooling", If you feel what Quintana did was more impressive than what Williams did, do you feel a rubber match is needed to determine the better man of the two? Not who is the best fighter, but who has each other's number. I know Quintana did'nt school Williams for 12 whole rounds, but he did use his boxing ability to put a clinic on the physically gifted Williams.

What say you?
    pwill don't have to rubbermatch quitnana....

Comment

I voted "12 Round Schooling", but KO's can equally be impressive such as when the fighter is moving up in weight and ko's THE undisputed champ in 2 rounds.

But thats not what this thread is about. If you voted "12 round schooling, then you are most likely of the opinion that a win by skill, will, intelligence is much more impressive than just brute strength, force and power. I also share that opinion. To me, a fighter who uses his boxing ability to outsmart and outbox his opponent even if it's through 12 rounds is more impressive than someone just going in there and throwing, throwin, throwing until a KO's is reached.

So, as someone who shares this opinion, I've always felt that there should be a rubber match between Williams and Quintana.

Each fighter pretty much schooled each other in the best way they can. Quintana made Paul look like a novice amateur for 12 whole rounds and Williams knocked the ***** out of Quintana in ONE round.

Now this question is for those who chose "12 round schooling", If you feel what Quintana did was more impressive than what Williams did, do you feel a rubber match is needed to determine the better man of the two? Not who is the best fighter, but who has each other's number. I know Quintana did'nt school Williams for 12 whole rounds, but he did use his boxing ability to put a clinic on the physically gifted Williams.

What say you?
      I agree with you, but on this site is is commonplace for people to refer to Pauls loss to Quintana as an "off night", then I ask myself well then did Quintana have an off night in the rematch? Or any fighter who ever lost had an off night?

I think there should be a 3rd fight.

Comment

Just like Marquez vs Pacquiao, PWill and Quintana have unfinished business. Problem is, Quintana doesn't seem eager for a 3rd match. I read here and there that "Quintana wants a 3rd match" but these interviews are conducted in Puerto Rico or something cause i've never seen anything on any boxing website of Quintana asking for a 3rd fight. I'm sure if it made sense they would fight but looks like PWill is on to bigger things against the MW Champion Kelly Pavlik at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
          Just like Marquez vs Pacquiao, PWill and Quintana have unfinished business. Problem is, Quintana doesn't seem eager for a 3rd match. I read here and there that "Quintana wants a 3rd match" but these interviews are conducted in Puerto Rico or something cause i've never seen anything on any boxing website of Quintana asking for a 3rd fight. I'm sure if it made sense they would fight but looks like PWill is on to bigger things against the MW Champion Kelly Pavlik at 160.
          Very true, Quintana may have wanted it but he never pushed strongly.

Comment

yes we need a rubber match. until then paul and quintana are on the same level.

Comment

I was thinking, Margo's comeback is DEFO gonna make some noise. Wouldn't be a bad move on the William's camp to give him a rematch because it would be a watched fight. Whether Margarito would want any of it, who knows. I dont think he'll have many options open.
              Paul badly wanted Margarito. Because although Paul beat Margarito, Margarito was considered the best WW after beating Cotto. So Paul wanted to prove everyone wrong. We're in that same situation right now. Shane is considered the best WW because Cotto was the man, Margarito beat the man and then Shane beat the man. But some people are saying, Cotto is the best WW. Infact, there was a vote poll and Cotto was leading here on NSB.

Cotto didn't want none. Berto said he wasn't ready and even opt to move up to 140 . Zab Judah didn't want none, Cintron neither, Shane wasn't interested, HBO didn't want to pay for Paul vs Clottey. Poor Paul Williams, seriously.
              Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-25-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X