Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Golovkin is Not PPV, I'd Need a KO To Beat Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch is a badass but it seems he wants none of GGG. Froch v GGG right now would imo be one of the biggest fights of froch's career to date.

Comment

Of course this is truthful talk from Carl but his legacy, which he cares about , will be hurt by this.It would be much better seeing Carl try and knock out Ward or seeing if he could work a different fight with Ward than simply walking away admitting in boxing terms Ward was better.I also understand that if Carl can live with this in retirement and swerve this fight then he deserves his Vegas swansong as we all know he's been a credit to our sport....But be careful, a boxers retirement is usually a long time to reflect.

Comment

I believe Froch v GGG would be a pretty big fight.

Is Chavez a big fight still? Lets be real, he's not a relevant fighter in the boxing world. He might bring in the casual mexican fan base or do they even care now? he's not really an active fighter.

I'd have thought at this stage, a GGG fight is just as big but Froch has said on a few occasions that he would avoid GGG, so has Hearn. I know Froch is tough and a fighter but i don't think Golovkin is something you want to face in your final fight if you're looking to go out in victory. He might fold you like a chair and leave you crumpled in the ring on what was meant to be a night of celebrating a good career.

Comment

GGG isn't a complete unknown to a British audience with the Macklin fight, and will be more known after the Martin Murray fight in Feb.

He is one of the most exciting fighters around the division, and a GGG fight would be a big sell in Britain. It all comes down to if Carl wants it, and how much he has left if the Chavez fight is made.

Carl has been saying for a while that a Vegas fight would be the end to his career, and if the man to face him is Chavez, i don't see a GGG fight happening.

Comment

Originally posted by who_necks View Post
            I believe Froch v GGG would be a pretty big fight.

Is Chavez a big fight still? Lets be real, he's not a relevant fighter in the boxing world. He might bring in the casual mexican fan base or do they even care now? he's not really an active fighter.

I'd have thought at this stage, a GGG fight is just as big but Froch has said on a few occasions that he would avoid GGG, so has Hearn. I know Froch is tough and a fighter but i don't think Golovkin is something you want to face in your final fight if you're looking to go out in victory. He might fold you like a chair and leave you crumpled in the ring on what was meant to be a night of celebrating a good career.
            it makes froch's quotes about avoiding GGG at all costs seem more real than sarcastic.

Comment

lmao ward beat the winning mentality out of the poor guy. carl 'son of ward' froch

Comment

I'm not a fan of this guy at all,yet when he talks like this I can't hop but admire him.right here he is spelling out what is what,no bs,no cloak and dagger **** just the simple truth,he wants to fight for money,their is no I fight who Eddy puts in front of me,no thanking Eddy in the ring after a fight when he has found him a Rod Salka,just him fighting who he wants to fight.these Haymon guys bound by their contracts are pathetic,I pity them.at least Froch has the class to speak to us straight.

He's gone up in my estimations.

Comment

box office does not want ward?

and yes, golovkin-froch would be ppv in england, but froch vs anyone in england is ppv, and chavez is a much, much bigger fight and froch is looking to cash-out at this point
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 01-10-2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Truth

While at least he is being real except the ggg part he is admitting he wants largest $ with limited skill set fighters ones with slow hand and foot speed who will stay right in front of him and trade bomb for bomb no one who will defend himself have angles or defense just caveman **** then Chavez is your guy. All 200lbs of him. Will be a slugfest no art no craft. Avg fan loves that.

Comment

Science

While a brawl like froch Chavez is train wreck entertaining brutal fighting I prefer a sweet science fight ggg vs ward where there is exchanges but not mindless swinging thought behind each punch puncher boxer vs boxer puncher a true fans fight. Show both kinds on ppv. Action and art

Comment

Working...
                      X