Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these southpaws had the best jab?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these southpaws had the best jab?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FCODTH9vk
    Winky Wright
    23.08%
    Marvin Hagler
    23.08%
    Pernell Whitaker
    38.46%
    Michael Moorer
    0.00%
    Boxing fans like to play the "victim" card and cry about racism, xenophobia, wild conspiracies
    15.38%

Sweet Pea IMO

Comment

Calzaghe.....

Comment

There all different haglers broke you down
        Whitaker's was more for distance control and scoring
        Winkys was jab seemed to offset you more then anything
        Idk about Moore I've only seen like 3 or 4 of his fights loved the cooper fight tho

Comment

Hagler's for me. Only because I'd rather get hit with Whitaker's than Hagler's... Though it's hard to pick. Both of their jabs were integral parts of their success but Hagler had such a punishing jab that it's hard for me to go against it. Damn, it's a hard pick though when I think of the way Pernell would move while throwing his...

Comment

Hagler's jab was hard but was often thrown with the commitment and singularity of a power punch.

Winky's jab was excellent for countering an opponent's offense but he didn't really, in my opinion, "work" off of it.

Whitaker's is THE southpaw jab to me. Look at him in the olympics all the way to the end of his career when it was clear it was long past his "best" weight, that jab was used every way possible. He was able to adapt that jab to just about each and every opponent.

Comment

Working...
            X