Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado: I'm No Quitter, Wasn't Worth The Heath Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark my words, from now and on Alvarado is damaged goods. It's gonna be pretty tough for him to get back on the top fighter's plateau.

Comment

He refused to continue, so he did quit. But I don't blame him at all or think any less of him. He was down on the cards and had nothing left to give. At the very most, he might have been able to finish the fight if he fought in survival mode but I don't see the point. No need to keep getting hit and risk brain injury or even possible death just to entertain fans.

Comment

I love how ppl here choose who to bash and not bash for certain things. Very comical.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I dont consider him a quitter. At this stage in his career he's not making enough money to throw his career away. He's just now making a pretty good living he has to watch out for himself. It's not like with Bradley where his corner didnt know how much damage was done. Bradley also has the SKILL to perservere, Alvarado did not. He was too far gone, at this point he would have just been there to make it to the cards. Takes a man to admit defeat. No shame there. There's a difference in admiting defeat and quitting imo. He never quit on himself until he couldnt do it anymore. Every right to the body was freezing him not to mention that left hook he was taking. Ortiz quit because he could have kept going (Maidana... Though his eyes were completely glazed over, he had a lot to give but he was also young and looking out for his career...but his comments are what made you believe he quit on himself).
          agree with everything you said

Comment

The referee shouldn't have put the decision in his hands.

Comment

Any poster here couldn't handle a tenth of the punishment mike took last night. Ridiculous to call him a quitter. In retrospect this just makes Tim Bradley look even better.

Comment

Great fight and a lot of heart out of Mike. He did quit, but many great fighters have quit. No shame.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                  Mark my words, from now and on Alvarado is damaged goods. It's gonna be pretty tough for him to get back on the top fighter's plateau.
                  The man in your avatar took very similar beatings but it's back on top. Mike will be fine

Comment

Fight could have been stopped in the 8th but props to Rado for getting back up. He had nothing left and far better men and fighters have thrown in the towel in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      The referee shouldn't have put the decision in his hands.
                      This

Alvarado was fighting with no legs for 2 rounds, getting smacked around. He came to his corner looking half dead and could barely keep his head up, the fight should have clearly been stopped without asking him

Comment

Working...
                      X