Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Alvarado Passed Up for the Pacquiao PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
    I don't see how fighting either guy would enhance Pac's legacy even further, which leaves to the only explanation, money.
    But surely Rios does much less for his legacy. Alvarado at least has Prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      As if Alvarado would do better.
      he would. He actually can box and not just brawl as you saw in the Rios rematch

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
        But surely Rios does much less for his legacy. Alvarado at least has Prescott.
        Rios lost a close decision, he has Alavarado by TKO7.
        Rios also have Acosta and Antillon, both being greater than a one hit wonder Prescott.

Neither guys deserve even a footnote on Pac's resume.
        He's fighting Rios because Bradley and JMM snubbed him.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
          Rios lost a close decision, he has Alavarado by TKO7.
          Rios also have Acosta and Antillon, both being greater than a one hit wonder Prescott.

Neither guys deserve even a footnote on Pac's resume.
          He's fighting Rios because Bradley and JMM snubbed him.
          What was so great about Acosta and Antillon? Neither beat a fighter as good as Khan.

Comment

Jesus fuking christ did anybody see Manny's last fight against JMM? Do I have to spell it out for you? And after getting knocked out is it really that uncommon for fighter to get a softer touch(Rios can only be considered a softer touch for pac by the way.)? Sometimes I wonder if some of you follow boxing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
              I read alot of Alvarado's hand was hurt, but he is slated to fight in October against a dangerous Provodnikov?

Did I miss some fall out in negotiations? Did Top Rank pull another fast one on the fans?
              Alvarado's team passed it up said that they didn't want to fight Pacman without certainty that his hand would be 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Alvarado's team passed it up said that they didn't want to fight Pacman without certainty that his hand would be 100 percent.
                Aka Arum told them to say that.

Comment

Because Rios was always the intended opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Because Rios was always the intended opponent.
                    You know it. They figured Rios was gonna KO Alvarado in the rematch but he got boxed up instead. "Oh well, on with plan A anyways"

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      I don't believe that, I'm surprised you do. Pacquiao beats both guys but imo Rios was picked because it's a better "fight" which will appeal more to the far eastern audience.

Comment

Working...
                      X