Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Here Studying Engineering Or Computer Science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    I know, I understand Chemistry is really important. It might be one of the most important subjects a school offers. However, it was not my cup of tea, I didn't really enjoy it. It was my first time realizing that each science discipline will train your brain to think a certain way. I guess I have been trained the Physics way, and I just feel like you have to memorize too much stuff for Chemistry. I literally have like the worst memory ever. I am going to buy some brain training books, like to exercise my brain with puzzles and stuff. I like that stuff. Maybe later I will give Chemistry a chance. I like all sciences.
    Do you have any data on how many math subjects are you required to take?

Comment

Well, I have taken Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, and Linear Algebra & Differential Equations. For engineering, that is all the math I have to take. So, I am done. However, there might a sneaky math class in the upper division classes, but I am not sure. For computer science, I have to take those listed above, as well as Discrete Math, Graph Theory, and Additional Topics in Linear Algebra.

Comment

Well, I have taken Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, and Linear Algebra & Differential Equations. For engineering, that is all the math I have to take. So, I am done. However, there might a sneaky math class in the upper division classes, but I am not sure. For computer science, I have to take those listed above, as well as Discrete Math, Graph Theory, and Additional Topics in Linear Algebra.
        Those calculus I-III, what are their descriptions?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          Those calculus I-III, what are their descriptions?
          Well, if you want the actual description I will get it for you. However, to put it simply they are Differential, Integral, and Multi-Variable, respectively.

Comment

Well, if you want the actual description I will get it for you. However, to put it simply they are Differential, Integral, and Multi-Variable, respectively.
            I thought differential and integral are already in I but I think there's a difference in the number of units between your calculus I and the one I'm thinking of.

Comment

Good luck with school, Sparkman. You seem like a pretty smart guy and a solid poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                I thought differential and integral are already in I but I think there's a difference in the number of units between your calculus I and the one I'm thinking of.
                Well, they introduce some integration in Calculus I. However, they run with it in Calculus II. I think these are like 4 unit classes here in America.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                  Good luck with school, Sparkman. You seem like a pretty smart guy and a solid poster.
                  Thanks, bro. I appreciate it. I got your back.

Comment

I am....it sounds like we have similar classes. some of the stuff you have next term i didnt take though....i only get asked for 2 physics(im guessing your physics 3 is fields)...circuits is optional for me(we have a bunch of optional credits in my school...)...I took Applied Linear Algebra 1 and 2....maybe something similar to the one you have to take....and Ive also taken Assembly...how much have you got left?

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      I am....it sounds like we have similar classes. some of the stuff you have next term i didnt take though....i only get asked for 2 physics(im guessing your physics 3 is fields)...circuits is optional for me(we have a bunch of optional credits in my school...)...I took Applied Linear Algebra 1 and 2....maybe something similar to the one you have to take....and Ive also taken Assembly...how much have you got left?
                      You are studying computer science? I have two years left for both engineering and computer science. I might only study civil engineering from now on, though. However, I take computer science classes for fun, and I might want to get that degree later on. How is Assembly? Do they teach you to use pointers?

Comment

Working...
                      X